cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Literae Humaniores (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Greek verbs do okay by me (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16499)

Archaea 02-04-2008 09:37 PM

Greek verbs do okay by me

except when you have the genitive looking like the plural accusative?

The simple indicative future changing the sigma to psis and chis is also bizarre. But you already knew that.

creekster 02-04-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 181483)
except when you have the genitive looking like the plural accusative?

SO you had a greek accuse your genitive of being plural? I guess that's a compliment but I don't want to imagine the circumstance that made the comment pertinent.

(I had a much better one-liner ready, but decided it went too far.)

Archaea 02-04-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 181488)
SO you had a greek accuse your genitive of being plural? I guess that's a compliment but I don't want to imagine the circumstance that made the comment pertinent.

(I had a much better one-liner ready, but decided it went too far.)

And I left your barber comment alone. Jeez. I wondered what type of services your young gal was rendering you for 200 bucks. No wonder she wouldn't think of discussing religion with you.

creekster 02-04-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 181491)
And I left your barber comment alone. Jeez. I wondered what type of services your young gal was rendering you for 200 bucks. No wonder she wouldn't think of discussing religion with you.

O come on. The barber comment was meant to invite just such cracks. If you expect to limit responses here to people that have some idea what you are tlaking about, then it will be a nice chat with you, Solon, AA, Pelagius (maybe) and, if you extend ti to those who pretend to know what they are talking about, you'll also get SU. I'm just trying to HELP your thread!

Archaea 02-04-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 181493)
O come on. The barber comment was meant to invite just such cracks. If you expect to limit responses here to people that have some idea what you are tlaking about, then it will be a nice chat with you, Solon, AA, Pelagius (maybe) and, if you extend ti to those who pretend to know what they are talking about, you'll also get SU. I'm just trying to HELP your thread!

Well I appreciate your Greek tips in bathing suits. However, many Greeks don't wear bathings suits, so you see a lot of tips I guess.

creekster 02-04-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 181495)
Well I appreciate your Greek tips in bathing suits. However, many Greeks don't wear bathings suits, so you see a lot of tips I guess.

Greek Tips in Bathing Suits sounds like an 80s New Wave group.

Archaea 02-04-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 181518)
Greek Tips in Bathing Suits sounds like an 80s New Wave group.

You got your Double Sigmas chasing the Double TauTaus.

TripletDaddy 02-04-2008 10:46 PM

This thread is sad on many levels. The humor being the most egregious.

creekster 02-04-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 181535)

THose that can do, so if you can, then do.

Archaea 02-04-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 181535)

Then go to your own place, and revel in Greek verbs no less.