cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Carmello Anthony (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5534)

Colly Wolly 12-17-2006 03:19 AM

Carmello Anthony

I never really liked the guy, always thought he was a prima donna wuss.

But after watching the brawl that happened earlier today, you can add cowardice to his list of attributes. He sucker punched a Knick in the face and then ran away. I mean he just cold-cocked the dude and fled the scene. Hope he gets suspended for the rest of the season.

UteStar 12-17-2006 05:30 AM

I can't stand Carmelo. When I first saw him throw the punch, I thought, yeah, that was cheap but maybe he is showing a little toughness. Nope, man, he was running for the hills. Carmelo is all about looking tough and his image. I think he just saw that if he threw that punch and then someone got to him and beat the crap out of him, he would look like a complete idiot. So he ran. And he ran. And he ran.

I will say that Nate Robinson is another player that I cannot stand. Robinson always has to act like the tough guy. It probably has to do with the fact that he is 4 feet nothing...but he is always yapping. I have no problem with JR Smith throwing him into the stands.

Surfah 12-17-2006 07:13 AM

I never cared for Melo either. Mostly because my brother-in-law is a huge Syracuse fan. But partly too because of his hair style.

I hate Nate Robinson.

The Jazz should be able to put some distance between them and the Nuggets though now.

RockyBalboa 12-17-2006 04:52 PM

He's a pussy.

myboynoah 12-17-2006 07:20 PM

Let me add my vote of Carmello hate. I couldn't believe SI put him on the cover with Lebron and Wade as the future of the NBA. Totally baffling.

il Padrino Ute 12-17-2006 07:24 PM

Maybe he was just throwing the punch for a friend?

Colly Wolly 12-17-2006 08:22 PM

I actually have more respect for Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson than Carmello Anthony. They stormed into the stands in hostile territory to throw down. Those guys are thugs, but better a thug than a pansy.

bluegoose 12-18-2006 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stick It In Him (Post 49307)
I actually have more respect for Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson than Carmello Anthony. They stormed into the stands in hostile territory to throw down. Those guys are thugs, but better a thug than a pansy.

I know this has been discussed before, but I lost respect for Artest when he took the fight to the stands rather than to Ben Wallace in the first place. I don;t blame him for going after a guy he thought threw a beer at him, but why not Wallace? He threw a punch at him.

Also, going into the "hostile" $250 court side seats is not exactly the same thing as going into the Raiders black hole. Not exactly Detroits toughest citizens in the first couple of rows.

Colly Wolly 12-18-2006 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 49336)
I know this has been discussed before, but I lost respect for Artest when he took the fight to the stands rather than to Ben Wallace in the first place. I don;t blame him for going after a guy he thought threw a beer at him, but why not Wallace? He threw a punch at him.

Also, going into the "hostile" $250 court side seats is not exactly the same thing as going into the Raiders black hole. Not exactly Detroits toughest citizens in the first couple of rows.

I am just saying in comparison to Melo. He punched and ran.

non sequitur 12-18-2006 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stick It In Him (Post 49307)

I'm not a fan of Carmello Anthony, but I'm always uneasy when I hear people throw around the word "thug" when it comes to NBA players. It's racist. When people refer to NBA players as thugs, they're not talking about guys like Brad Miller and Kirk Heinrich.