cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I haven't seen BYU beat a real team I trust as good (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6851)

SeattleUte 03-02-2007 04:20 AM

I haven't seen BYU beat a real team I trust as good

for I don't know how long. When Danny Ainge took them to the Final 8? Help me out here guys. Yes, presumptively there aren't any good teams in the MWC (exept Utah through 2005), based strictly on their non-conference records, particularly NCAA records. When was the last time BYU beat a team I can trust as a truly good team?

SteelBlue 03-02-2007 04:28 AM

2003 vs Oklahoma State. 76-71 in a game played at the Delta Center. Oklahoma State went to the Final Four that season.

SeattleUte 03-02-2007 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 63575)
2003 vs Oklahoma State. 76-71 in a game played at the Delta Center. Oklahoma State went to the Final Four that season.

Thanks.

RockyBalboa 03-02-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 63571)
for I don't know how long. When Danny Ainge took them to the Final 8? Help me out here guys. Yes, presumptively there aren't any good teams in the MWC (exept Utah through 2005), based strictly on their non-conference records, particularly NCAA records. When was the last time BYU beat a team I can trust as a truly good team?

When was the last time you actually watched a BYU Basketball game?

MikeWaters 03-02-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 63588)
When was the last time you actually watched a BYU Basketball game?

Rocky, Ute fans keep up with BYU fanatically.

While on the other hand, BYU fans often have no idea what Utah is doing.

People discuss Alex Jenson, and I'm thinking "that name sounds familiar." People complain about player X this year, and I have no idea who they are talking about.

BYU is the big pond. A national school with students from all over the country. Utah is the small pond, being a state school in a small, sparsely populated, isolated state.

So of course, SU will have watched many more BYU games that you have watched Utah games. Despite the fact that you are really outside of the norm for a BYU fan, in your hatred for Utah.

jay santos 03-02-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 63571)

You should stick to the religion category.

Have you watched any sports over the past 25 years? A lot has happened in the world.

P.S. Utah was good through 2005? Did Utah go 50-0 against us during this time period?

SeattleUte 03-02-2007 03:09 PM

I asked a simple question. Got only one simple, forthright response. The rest dissembling. Thanks a lot.

Indy Coug 03-02-2007 03:17 PM

Your question is pretty vague. Care to be more concrete?

SeattleUte 03-02-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 63613)
Your question is pretty vague. Care to be more concrete?

Why don't you tell me the good teams BYU has beaten since Danny Ainge and give me a bunch of data to support your conclusion.

jay santos 03-02-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 63610)
I asked a simple question. Got only one simple, forthright response. The rest dissembling. Thanks a lot.

Yeah right. Mr. Innocent Seattle Ute was honestly curious about the strength of BYU's basketball program, and in nowise was trying to make fun of, lead, or set up any Coug fans.

SU, the first time you ask an innocent question about BYU or anything LDS it will be the first time out of 3,000.