cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hi I'm K-dog (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13374)

K-dog 10-30-2007 06:08 PM

Hi I'm K-dog

I'm not sure how this board works but I was sent her on the advice of many and, for some reason, can now get on this board. I'm an attorney in SLC. I Live in the Avenues with my wife and son. If you have questions, ask. :)

BYU71 10-30-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 143613)
I'm not sure how this board works but I was sent her on the advice of many and, for some reason, can now get on this board. I'm an attorney in SLC. I Live in the Avenues with my wife and son. If you have questions, ask. :)

K-Dog is a very good addition. The sports discussions in here are getting a lot better so I think you will like it.

K-dog 10-30-2007 06:14 PM

Thanks man. I came here and found most of the posters I like. I also really like your picture. Who is that?

BYU71 10-30-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 143617)
Thanks man. I came here and found most of the posters I like. I also really like your picture. Who is that?

She looks a lot like my ex-wife did when she was a song leader at USU. It reminds me of my better days when it came to women. I was very attracted to my ex's smile.

JohnnyLingo 10-30-2007 07:14 PM

I was wondering why K-dog hadn't found his way over here yet. Seems like a good CG fit.

Good to have you.

SeattleUte 10-30-2007 07:39 PM

You're no longer a DINK?

Jeff Lebowski 10-30-2007 08:15 PM

Welcome, K-dog.

MikeWaters 10-30-2007 08:16 PM

Good. You must come with me to Alderan.

RC Vikings 10-30-2007 08:25 PM

Enjoy the freedom.

K-dog 10-30-2007 09:06 PM

Not a DINK

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 143681)
You're no longer a DINK?

My wife and I finally paid enough money to have a kid. Happened in August.

MikeWaters 10-30-2007 09:11 PM

He's in the goatnapper club, I think.

SeattleUte 10-30-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 143735)
My wife and I finally paid enough money to have a kid. Happened in August.

Congratulations.

Sleeping in EQ 10-30-2007 09:22 PM

Welcome, counselor.

K-dog 10-30-2007 09:27 PM

Goatnapper Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 143740)
He's in the goatnapper club, I think.

What club is that? Someone who gets tired of being suspended on Cougarboard? Someone who eventually got tired of all the CB rules?

venomous viper 10-30-2007 09:46 PM

welcome k-dog. This is where it is happening. Just be nice and there are no rules!!!!!

marsupial 10-30-2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 143758)
What club is that? Someone who gets tired of being suspended on Cougarboard? Someone who eventually got tired of all the CB rules?

I think it's someone who lays down a wad of cash to change his oil into a test tube and make a baby.

At any rate, welcome to the board. And congratulations on the new baby.

K-dog 10-30-2007 09:48 PM

As you know

Quote:

Originally Posted by venomous viper (Post 143771)
welcome k-dog. This is where it is happening. Just be nice and there are no rules!!!!!

The lack of rules is what interests me the most. I started posting on CB when there were no rules and the increase in rules has driven me to despair. :twisted:

Flystripper 10-30-2007 10:21 PM

It's good to have you here K-dog. I find myself visiting CB less and less and with you posting here now, I expect my visits to decrease even further.

K-dog 10-30-2007 10:27 PM

That's a high compliment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flystripper (Post 143813)
It's good to have you here K-dog. I find myself visiting CB less and less and with you posting here now, I expect my visits to decrease even further.

If I had known you were here I would have come here sooner.

creekster 10-30-2007 10:55 PM

When I used to go to CB more often you used to tell me you were my very best friend.

Welcome.

K-dog 10-30-2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 143843)
When I used to go to CB more often you used to tell me you were my very best friend.

Welcome.

I used the term very loosely.

creekster 10-30-2007 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 143846)
I used the term very loosely.

I take what I can get.

Welcome anyway.

WendyCoug 11-07-2007 02:48 AM

My buddy and me used to climb up a tree.

This is totally adorable, like LDS sports geek online reunion. I actually teared up a little over the very best friend thing.
I don't know you, K-Dog, but hi.

SeattleUte 11-07-2007 03:36 PM

I knew we hit the big time when we got K-Dog. He's like the Muhammad Ali of posters. That POS Jefe should be worried.

K-dog 11-07-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 147087)
I knew we hit the big time when we got K-Dog. He's like the Muhammad Ali of posters. That POS Jefe should be worried.

LOL. The question is, which Muhammad Ali am I, the one that can't talk and has hands shaking or the one standing over his fallen opponent challenging him to get up and take his wuppin' like a man?

K-dog 11-07-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 147087)

Jefe shouldn't have let his minions suspend me. They need to follow their own rules and you shouldn't suspend someone against your own rules.

TripletDaddy 11-07-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 147171)
Jefe shouldn't have let his minions suspend me. They need to follow their own rules and you shouldn't suspend someone against your own rules.

What did you do to get suspended?

K-dog 11-07-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 147177)
What did you do to get suspended?

I asked the board if anyone could confirm that Julie Beck had fought depression. I was told that she had but I didn't believe it and said as much in my post. they deemed my post to fall under rumormongering or some such thing even though it wasn't prohibited by the rules. Jefe admitted it wasn't permitted by the rules. I've posted on CB one time since.

TripletDaddy 11-07-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 147180)
I asked the board if anyone could confirm that Julie Beck had fought depression. I was told that she had but I didn't believe it and said as much in my post. they deemed my post to fall under rumormongering or some such thing even though it wasn't prohibited by the rules. Jefe admitted it wasn't permitted by the rules. I've posted on CB one time since.

There are lots of made up rules, I thought it wasnt a secret. I was once suspended for "trying to annoy the mods," which clearly is not a rule. Complaining about the mods is against the rules, but I wasnt complaining at all. I didnt even mention a mod.

The suspension was repealed, though, so I have seen them to be open to reason. My observation is that if you (generic you, not specifically you) argue or get uppity in the appeal, the appeal is dead. If you tactfully admit you were wrong, you have some wiggle room. On violations that are not really codified rules, I have no idea where that one goes. BDB is a rules committee member person, maybe she can add insight.

SeattleUte 11-07-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 147171)

That's how it always works in authoritarian regimes. I bet Jefe has a nice dacha somewhere paid for by the sweat of the CB masses, including the ones he's exterminated.

MikeWaters 11-07-2007 07:57 PM

Im going to be a tragic figure like Gorbachev. The chaos of Glasnost will lead to longing for the good ol days of Stalin, where despite state murder, everyone at least had Funky Fridays and Office quotes.

K-dog 11-07-2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 147210)
That's how it always works in authoritarian regimes. I bet Jefe has a nice dacha somewhere paid for by the sweat of the CB masses, including the ones he's exterminated.

Jefe and I have traditionally gotten along well but this last one stuck in my craw for some reason. I have been known to have 1 week suspensions die in the first 12 hours but I just got tired of the rapid increase of rules and pseudo rules.

SeattleUte 11-07-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 147212)
Im going to be a tragic figure like Gorbachev. The chaos of Glasnost will lead to longing for the good ol days of Stalin, where despite state murder, everyone at least had Funky Fridays and Office quotes.

"Men rejoice at being led like cattle again, with the terrible gift of freedom that brought them so much suffering removed from them . . . . We will convince them that they will only be free when they have surrendered their freedom and submitted to us . . . . Freedom, free thought, and science will lead them into such straits and will bring them face to face with such marvels and insoluble mysteries, that some of them, the fierce and rebellious, will destroy themselves, others, rebellious but weak, will destroy one another, while the rest, weak and unhappy, will crawl fawning to our feet and whine to us: 'Yes, you were right, you alone possess His mystery, and we come back to you, save us from ourselves!'"

MikeWaters 11-07-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 147259)
"Men rejoice at being led like cattle again, with the terrible gift of freedom that brought them so much suffering removed from them . . . . We will convince them that they will only be free when they have surrendered their freedom and submitted to us . . . . Freedom, free thought, and science will lead them into such straits and will bring them face to face with such marvels and insoluble mysteries, that some of them, the fierce and rebellious, will destroy themselves, others, rebellious but weak, will destroy one another, while the rest, weak and unhappy, will crawl fawning to our feet and whine to us: 'Yes, you were right, you alone possess His mystery, and we come back to you, save us from ourselves!'"

Luckily everyone knows that I alone possess the mystery.

tooblue 11-07-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 147259)

And what of the valiant?