cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Just got out of lock down at Lehi Jr. High (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4936)

cougjunkie 11-03-2006 06:22 PM

Just got out of lock down at Lehi Jr. High

Supposedly a lady saw a kid bring a gun in to the school, i was there doing some volunteer work and they locked the whole school down. The SWAT team was called in they searched every locker, every back pack, and every person. The SWAT team came in with there machine guns out and ready to roll. It was pretty intense for a while, but supposedly it was a Hunter in the area that had the gun and not a student. It still doesnt make sense but i am glad to be out there.

SteelBlue 11-03-2006 07:05 PM

That's what happens when you make a law against dancing.

cougjunkie 11-03-2006 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 43797)

Thats true there were no guns at all they were just playing loud music in the parking lot and people started freaking out.

RockyBalboa 11-03-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

lol...Outstanding.

ute4ever 11-03-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Excellent, Steel Blue. This thread gets a five-star rating.

Parrot Head 11-04-2006 03:38 AM

Yes, now I feel the need to comb TBS this weekend in search of a good 80s tame-rebellion flick.

MikeWaters 11-04-2006 04:00 AM

How's the 500 hours of community service coming cougjunkie?

:)

hyrum 11-04-2006 02:42 PM

hunter in the area = kid bringing gun into school?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 43794)
Supposedly a lady saw a kid bring a gun in to the school, i was there doing some volunteer work and they locked the whole school down. The SWAT team was called in they searched every locker, every back pack, and every person. The SWAT team came in with there machine guns out and ready to roll. It was pretty intense for a while, but supposedly it was a Hunter in the area that had the gun and not a student. It still doesnt make sense but i am glad to be out there.

Is this some modern version of "Chinese telephone"?
Good that they are concerned for the kids' safety, but I wonder where the escalation of the information occurred.
So, kids, if you want to get out of class just have your crazy uncle Buck walk around toting his jackrabbit gun in the general neighborhood of your school.

hyrum 11-04-2006 02:44 PM

dancing

Quote:

How are things going for the Monkey Bar these days?