cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finances (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Official brag about your salary thread (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15798)

jay santos 01-11-2008 02:58 PM

Official brag about your salary thread

I can golf 18 with a cart at a great golf course for less than an hour's wage. I can also drive from office to home to pick up clubs and to course all in less than 15 minutes during "peak" traffic. Can you do that?

Indy Coug 01-11-2008 02:59 PM

Keep in mind that FMCoug's hourly wage is pretty dang high.

hyrum 01-11-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 173381)
I I can also drive from office to home to pick up clubs and to course all in less than 15 minutes during "peak" traffic. Can you do that?

Who doesn't have their clubs in their trunk??

FMCoug 01-11-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 173381)
I can golf 18 with a cart at a great golf course for less than an hour's wage. I can also drive from office to home to pick up clubs and to course all in less than 15 minutes during "peak" traffic. Can you do that?

Not only that but I can also golf when you're enduring a blizzard. :)

BYU71 01-11-2008 03:11 PM

My comment would be that it is a dang good thing we all dont' like the same things. Otherwise only those of us who are able to think outside the box would be able to get those things.

jay santos 01-11-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 173385)
Not only that but I can also golf when you're enduring a blizzard. :)

What do you do FM? I know you do day trading and you're building a big house.

FMCoug 01-11-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 173391)
What do you do FM? I know you do day trading and you're building a big house.

I'm a computer geek. I work for match.com.

And the house has been done for quite some time.

MikeWaters 01-11-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 173394)

tell me how this new feature of being able to set up your friends works. I may need to get involved. My setup skills are legendary.

jay santos 01-11-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 173394)

What percent more do you think you make in Texas compared to what you would make in a similar job in Utah? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make any more in Texas at my job than I make in Utah or it would be close. Most large employers in Utah have locations outside of Utah and wages have to be somewhat standard. I'm not sure where you're coming from with this wage thing.

FMCoug 01-11-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 173403)
What percent more do you think you make in Texas compared to what you would make in a similar job in Utah? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make any more in Texas at my job than I make in Utah or it would be close. Most large employers in Utah have locations outside of Utah and wages have to be somewhat standard. I'm not sure where you're coming from with this wage thing.

At least double. Probably even more than that. I am a non-management technical employee (very senior and damn good at what I do ... but still) and I make well into six figures.