cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Monkeys in barrels (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24640)

BarbaraGordon 11-11-2008 03:16 PM

Monkeys in barrels

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 293533)
YOh, 3D, Barb, they're funny bless their hearts, but they can't manage much more than that.

I take offense at that. Not only am I funny (bless my heart), I'm also cute!

creekster 11-11-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 293533)
True. This place is an outpost on the blasted, blighted archipelago. Without you, it's just monkeys coming out of a barrel. The dunes were already encroaching. Everyone shit faced on rum running low. YOh, 3D, Barb, they're funny bless their hearts, but they can't manage much more than that.

I like monkeys coming out of a barrel.

TripletDaddy 11-11-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 293610)
I like monkeys coming out of a barrel.

A couple of weeks ago it was clowns coming out of a barrel. Now it is monkeys coming out of a barrel.

Truthfully, I don't really understand either metaphor. Are they commonly used and I am just not paying attention?

Do clowns come out of barrels? I know they come out of cars.

I had no idea monkeys came out of barrels.

creekster 11-11-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 293613)

The expression is "more fun than a barrel full of monkeys." SU is always a little late, so he probably has only arrived at the end of their shift, when those fun monkeys are leaving the barrel.

smokymountainrain 11-11-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

A couple of weeks ago it was clowns coming out of a barrel. Now it is monkeys coming out of a barrel.

Truthfully, I don't really understand either metaphor. Are they commonly used and I am just not paying attention?

http://www.holidayworld.com/images/monkey_barrel.gif

BarbaraGordon 11-11-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

I was wondering about this, too. I've heard there's a lot of fun to be had with a barrel full of monkeys, and I've heard you can shoot fish in a barrel. We may be scraping the bottom of the barrel, or perhaps the whole place is going to hell lock, stock and barrel.

But I truly don't know what it means if clowns and monkeys are coming out of barrels. Sounds like a low budget horror film from the mid-1980s.

But honestly, I was more focused on trying to figure decipher a metaphor that involved simians, a fort, sand dunes, a chain of islands, and copious quantities of liquor.

BarbaraGordon 11-11-2008 03:38 PM

Stop that, Mike!!

Now the offending post isn't even in the thread!

TripletDaddy 11-11-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 293624)
I was wondering about this, too. I've heard there's a lot of fun to be had with a barrel full of monkeys, and I've heard you can shoot fish in a barrel. We may be scraping the bottom of the barrel, or perhaps the whole place is going to hell lock, stock and barrel.

But I truly don't know what it means if clowns and monkeys are coming out of barrels. Sounds like a low budget horror film from the mid-1980s.

But honestly, I was more focused on trying to figure decipher a metaphor that involved simians, a fort, sand dunes, a chain of islands, and copious quantities of liquor.

Now that we are in agreement, let's roll out the barrel! We'll have a barrel of fun.

BarbaraGordon 11-11-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 293629)
Now that we are in agreement, let's roll out the barrel! We'll have a barrel of fun.

This is another one of your pork-barrel proposals, isn't it?

TripletDaddy 11-11-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokymountainrain (Post 293621)

those monkeys could just as easily be getting IN the barrel.

nice try, smr. try again.