cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Any superstitions? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19110)

YOhio 05-04-2008 10:56 PM

Any superstitions?

I used to be superstitious, but my lucky Jazz hat failed me today.

Seriously though, I am mildly superstitious. I had two childhood friends die on Friday the 13th, so I'm a little creeped out by that day. I also knock on wood, more out of habit than real belief.

SeattleUte 05-04-2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 217096)
I used to be superstitious, but my lucky Jazz hat failed me today.

Seriously though, I am mildly superstitious. I had two childhood friends die on Friday the 13th, so I'm a little creeped out by that day. I also knock on wood, more out of habit than real belief.

I fear that if I don't get health check ups and buy insurance, etc. I'll get a terminal disease and die. Deep inside I feel that by doing this stuff I'm warding off fatal diseases.

RC Vikings 05-05-2008 01:05 AM

Never brag. It's a sure path to failure the next time.

Surfah 05-05-2008 01:49 AM

I had a teammate in high school who had to trim his nails before every game. He said it made him faster.

I don't know if you can call it superstition but since the mission I play all sports with my g's on. The only time I didn't, I busted my left ankle going up for a rebound and coming down on someone's foot. That one took four months of recovery. So ever since I made it a point to wear them.

il Padrino Ute 05-05-2008 01:57 AM

I played baseball.

Of course I'm superstitious.

TripletDaddy 05-05-2008 02:31 AM

Whenever I drive through an intersection when the light is yellow, I raise my hand slightly and do one of those "hook 'em horns" signs.

Yes, I am being serious.

Long story.

TripletDaddy 05-05-2008 02:33 AM

Also, every night before I go to bed, I have to open the door from our laundry room to the garage, go inside the garage, and make sure nobody is inside.

Every single night.

I dont know if these things are superstitions or simply good old fashioned OCD.

8ballrollin 05-05-2008 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 217121)
Whenever I drive through an intersection when the light is yellow, I raise my hand slightly and do one of those "hook 'em horns" signs.

Yes, I am being serious.

Long story.

Thanks, Monk.

I don't know why, but this one really makes me lol.

TripletDaddy 05-05-2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8ballrollin (Post 217124)
Thanks, Monk.

I don't know why, but this one really makes me lol.

Ha. My mom calls me Monk sometimes, actually. I have exhibited some serious Monk-isms in my time.

Don't get me started on hair, sleeping with feet outside the covers, or hip bumping the person next to you when music is played.

Jeff Lebowski 05-05-2008 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 217121)

Yes, I am being serious.

Long story.

I don't get it. What's weird about that?