cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Are we really ready for a politician that... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22194)

UteStar 09-05-2008 04:57 PM

Are we really ready for a politician that...

It is a question that needs to be asked and it appears that I am the only one with the courage to raise the question--do we really want a politician with the bad common sense of Palin to be our vice President? I mean, c'mon, she named her kids Trig, Track and Bristol?

Somehow, BYU took a risk by going after Bronco after his ill advised naming of his children...but I thought that the republican party had a bit more sense.

YOhio 09-05-2008 05:01 PM

And you fancy yourself some kind of metro hipster. Imagine if Gwyneth or Angelina had used those names. I bet you wouldn't be so judgmental then.

landpoke 09-05-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteStar (Post 262026)
It is a question that needs to be asked and it appears that I am the only one with the courage to raise the question--do we really want a politician with the bad common sense of Palin to be our vice President? I mean, c'mon, she named her kids Trig, Track and Bristol?

Somehow, BYU took a risk by going after Bronco after his ill advised naming of his children...but I thought that the republican party had a bit more sense.

Hold on there now, maybe it was the dad who insisted on that name. What do we really know about him? Other than he's more of a man than any five of us here?

UteStar 09-05-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 262029)
And you fancy yourself some kind of metro hipster. Imagine if Gwyneth or Angelina had used those names. I bet you wouldn't be so judgmental then.

Trust me, I am all for naming kids 'Apple' or 'Inspektor' or 'Mountain Meadows'...those all have an element of hipness and danger. But Trig and Track? Even I would tease people with those names. Being cool is a fine line but it appears that Mrs. Palin missed that class (or it just plain wasn't offered up in Alaska) on finding that line.

Tex 09-05-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteStar (Post 262026)

I believe Bristol and Willow are Alaskan cities. Not that it makes it better.

UteStar 09-05-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 262032)
Hold on there now, maybe it was the dad who insisted on that name. What do we really know about him? Other than he's more of a man than any five of us here?

If it was his idea, she should divorce him immediately.

As for Bronco, whichever spouse suggested the name, then well, a divorce should be in the plans as well.

Jeff Lebowski 09-05-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 262035)

Bristol Bay.

YOhio 09-05-2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteStar (Post 262034)
Trust me, I am all for naming kids 'Apple' or 'Inspektor' or 'Mountain Meadows'...those all have an element of hipness and danger. But Trig and Track? Even I would tease people with those names. Being cool is a fine line but it appears that Mrs. Palin missed that class (or it just plain wasn't offered up in Alaska) on finding that line.

Well, it doesn't seem to have hurt Bristol's popularity.*

*Low class, I know. Sorry.

UteStar 09-05-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 262035)

Bristol is also a place in England, a motor speedway, a car dealership, a town in Connecticut and a seafood grill. As you mentioned before though, it doesn't make it any better.

Jeff Lebowski 09-05-2008 05:09 PM

They are cheesy names, no doubt. They need to take a cue from the Unga family.