cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I support Sitake. But if he fires Detmer, I will go on the warpath against him (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30052)

MikeWaters 10-09-2017 02:19 AM

I support Sitake. But if he fires Detmer, I will go on the warpath against him

because he will be dead to me at that point.

ChinoCoug 10-10-2017 03:00 PM

What do you like about Detmer?

He is not an empiricist.

I want to see Bronco on BYUSN.

MikeWaters 10-10-2017 03:41 PM

It's not that I have great confidence in Detmer. I see them all in the same boat together, and if one goes down they all go down.

ChinoCoug 10-10-2017 03:58 PM

Detmer's jizz don't work at this level. I don't know why, but it don't work.

Both Hill and Mangum fared worse under Ty than Anae. Possible reasons?

1. Our players aren't smart enough to do pro-style. We're not Stanford.
2. Our line is not dominant enough to do pro-style.
3. Kalani recruits twice as many Dlinemen and throws the OLine the crumbs.

MikeWaters 10-10-2017 04:04 PM

We don't have a dominant O-line. We don't have any playmaker receivers. And our RBs are average at best. Arguably worse than average.

We don't have the weapons this year that we've had in years prior.

ChinoCoug 10-10-2017 07:58 PM

The point of pro-style is to impose our will on the defense. Our left tackle is only 260 lbs. So Kalani has everybody lifting weights to get stronger. Guess it's not working too well. Detmer's jizz don't work.

I want to see them run the spread option with Jaren Hall.

MikeWaters 10-11-2017 03:38 AM

is weight training a new concept to these guys? Shouldn't they have been lifting weights since high school?

I do believe we have a talent drop off this year. On offense certainly.

And on defense our safeties are really bad. Our LBs with the exception of one don't appear to know what they are doing.

MikeWaters 10-11-2017 03:38 AM

and we can generate very little pass pressure with our DL.

ChinoCoug 10-11-2017 01:50 PM

Talent dropoff is part of it, but can it explain finishing dead last in the country?

Plus why was last year so crappy as well?

A recurring theme in interviews is that they're not executing. This staff isn't emphasizing execution.

ChinoCoug 10-11-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 323268)
is weight training a new concept to these guys? Shouldn't they have been lifting weights since high school?

I do believe we have a talent drop off this year. On offense certainly.

And on defense our safeties are really bad. Our LBs with the exception of one don't appear to know what they are doing.

BTW, I spoke with a statistics professor who works with the football team. He said that they've determined safety to be the most important position on defense.