cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   BYU's loss to Boise (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15607)

Archaea 01-06-2008 02:45 PM

BYU's loss to Boise

took all the enthusiasm I had for this bball team. To lose to such a lowly lowlife kinda sucks.

I'm doubtful they defeat Wake Forest and we will lose a few on the road in conference. It appears to be another One and Done in the NCAAs. Please show me an argument I am in error.

How does a team blow an eleven point lead to the schmucks a Boise?

MikeWaters 01-06-2008 03:07 PM

I'm with you. Tavernari's unpunished behavior and the BSU loss, all the same time, killed my interest.

SeattleUte 01-06-2008 03:16 PM

A lot of unearned arrogance here. Your program is schmuck. Always has been and always will be.

Indy Coug 01-06-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 170808)
took all the enthusiasm I had for this bball team. To lose to such a lowly lowlife kinda sucks.

I'm doubtful they defeat Wake Forest and we will lose a few on the road in conference. It appears to be another One and Done in the NCAAs. Please show me an argument I am in error.

How does a team blow an eleven point lead to the schmucks a Boise?

A bad 5 minute stretch is all that's needed to kill your enthusiasm for any team. Bandwaggoner.

non sequitur 01-06-2008 06:04 PM

Every year there's a couple of games you lose that you should win, and a couple of games you win that you should lose. That's basketball. You need to learn to just enjoy the sport.

il Padrino Ute 01-06-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 170852)
Every year there's a couple of games you lose that you should win, and a couple of games you win that you should lose. That's basketball. You need to learn to just enjoy the sport.

Agreed. For me, sports is all about the competition. Sure, it's more fun to win, but the best part is always the actual sport itself, rather than the outcome of the event.

Archaea 01-06-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 170852)

Wake me up when we win one we should lose.

il Padrino Ute 01-06-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 170863)
Wake me up when we win one we should lose.

Louisville?

woot 01-06-2008 06:46 PM

I'm still on board, but that BSU loss was a killer. If that's the only stupid loss we have all year it'll still be a big improvement. A few in the conference have pretty good RPIs, as does wake forest, so if we go on a run here we'll be back in the top 25 in no time at all and in good shape for an upper-bracket seed.

Jeff Lebowski 01-06-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 170866)
Louisville?

Arch has a very short memory.