cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A story of woes (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5824)

Archaea 01-04-2007 11:32 PM

A story of woes

My sister is relocating right after Xmas.

This woman is a model of strength:

Her husband died September 21, 2006.

She has been diagnosed with terminal cancer undergoing cancer, while taking care of her daughter with type 1 diabetes and paying for her son on mission leave due to knee surgery.

But besides all that, her life is hunky dory.

MikeWaters 01-04-2007 11:40 PM

on the bright side, we may see a cure for type I DM in the next ten years. They've made some recent advances that are very promising.

Archaea 01-04-2007 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 51766)
on the bright side, we may see a cure for type I DM in the next ten years. They've made some recent advances that are very promising.

Well, soon the family will have four minor children without either parent.

MikeWaters 01-04-2007 11:46 PM

what's going to happen to the kids? I take it a family member will adopt them?

BarbaraGordon 01-04-2007 11:49 PM

Archaea, your story is heartbreaking.

If you don't mind, you should let us know what you'd like us to pray for.

RockyBalboa 01-05-2007 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 51766)

Is there anything promising in the same way for Type II? My mother and father both have Type II Diabetes. Which of course means that all 8 children are susceptible to it.

MikeWaters 01-05-2007 01:06 AM

I think Type II is much more complicated. The best bet to get rid of it in anothe person is weight loss.

But sometimes regular-sized folks have it, and the only thing we can do is treat it.

Jeff Lebowski 01-05-2007 01:10 AM

Very sorry to hear that.

Archaea 01-05-2007 03:20 AM

Oops missed a word

sister's close friend. See what happens when one types and is on the phone. Many apologies for the error.

The reason it is sad, is my sister supports this woman for many years but had to relocate to Arkansas from Ohio, just after Christmas.

Now, my sister bears the burden afar (she worries about her), takes care of our nearly invalid mother and now is considering taking care of our grandmother (now becoming senile). Sorry to be so dramatic, but it struck hard to hear of her friend. So I guess I wasn't composed as I posted.

The only observation that makes sense is the lack of bitterness by this woman. It is amazing how stalwart she is in the face of much hopelessness.

Hopefully 2007 is a good year for y'all. 2007 seems ominous for our clan, but not to worry the Cougs are rising, at least in football. :)