cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Either the Lakers or Spurs (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18944)

YOhio 04-29-2008 04:04 AM

Either the Lakers or Spurs

will win the NBA Championship. They're the only teams taking the playoffs seriously, with the possible inclusion of the Hornets. The Celtics, Pistons, Jazz, Suns, Mavs and the rest are just pretenders.

The Celtics should be ashamed of themselves for losing two in a row to the Hawks.

Surfah 04-29-2008 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 214668)
will win the NBA Championship. They're the only teams taking the playoffs seriously, with the possible inclusion of the Hornets. The Celtics, Pistons, Jazz, Suns, Mavs and the rest are just pretenders.

The Celtics should be ashamed of themselves for losing two in a row to the Hawks.

To be honest the Sixers and Hawks were two "dangerous" teams to play. Neither one of them know they're not supposed to be competing with the Celtics and Pistons. They play care free.

But you're right, the Lakers or Spurs will win it I believe.

TheSizzle36 04-29-2008 07:43 PM

A month ago I was considering going to Wendover to put money on the Lakers winning it all. I would still wager on the Lakers, although the odds are probably not in my favor as much.

It's hard to bet against the Spurs, but Kobe is very hungry, he has Gasol semi-healthy to help him, I just don't see them losing.

RockyBalboa 04-29-2008 07:48 PM

The real NBA Championship will be the Western Conference Finals.

Indy Coug 04-29-2008 07:51 PM

While Atlanta aren't world beaters, I watched that team the last two games and tried to figure out how they are 8 games under 0.500

Has Bibby made that much of a difference?

TheSizzle36 04-29-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 215039)
Has Bibby made that much of a difference?

No. But Josh Smith has played unbelievable the last two games. He plays like that all year and they aren't an 8 seed, that is for sure.

TripletDaddy 04-29-2008 08:02 PM

Everyone on CB is slagging the Lakers sweep....maybe because it makes them feel better? The bottom line is that the Lakers are playing pretty well right now and I think have a nice chance against the Jazz next week (not making any promises on that one, though).

Personally, I have observed Kobe to be focused and has his teammates believing. You can see it in their faces. They loves passing as much as making a basket. They support each other.

I think many will recognize over the next few weeks.

That being said, I am still not ready to write off the Celtics. There is a big difference between being beatable and being beaten.

Indy Coug 04-29-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 215056)
Everyone on CB is slagging the Lakers sweep....maybe because it makes them feel better?

It's because they're secretly crapping their pants. The Lakers are a very tough matchup for the Jazz.

Cali Coug 04-29-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 214668)

I actually think the Jazz or Lakers will win it all. I am not impressed in the least by the Spurs right now. They are soft this year and don't have the depth they need. The Jazz are a tough team to play in a 7 game series. They are physical and defensive-minded. And they rarely lose at home (the game against the Rockets notwithstanding). If you lose one on your home court, you have almost no chance of beating the Jazz.

Kobe is playing great right now. They would be very good with Bynum. As is, they are beatable, particularly since they are so beat up right now (though the extra day of rest will help them).

Jeff Lebowski 04-29-2008 08:37 PM

I am always amazed when I meet a Lakers fan. It's like meeting a devil-worshiper. I just can't conceive how anyone could root for that team.