cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Unfrozen Caveman (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15695)

Homo Erectus 01-08-2008 06:23 PM

Unfrozen Caveman

Well, since I'm starting at ground zero and there is a page set aside for introductions, allow me a few seconds to introduce myself to the old guard here.

I'm a financial consultant currently living in Sandy, Ut. Three kids. Cheered for the Cougs, Jazz, Yanks, and Cowboys since reaching the age of accountability. Am often completely embarrassed to be lumped in the same group with myopic, short-sighted, sheltered, Coug fans, Jazz fans, and Mormons, despite the fact that I am all three of the above. Used to post occasionally on Cougarboard, until being completely overwhelmed and defeated by the myopia there. Was introduced to CG six months or so back by Scottie, who is a close friend of mine, as is Jim Swarthout. Absolutely refreshed by the candor and maturity here at CG, particularly with respect to religious and political issues, as I find myself currently trying to re-define my own evolving political and religious positions.

I'm looking to this forum for some much-needed enlightenment, but also expecting to call B.S. and bust some heads when necessary. And the cheerleader avatars always keep me coming back, even when the discussion is lame.

Big thanks to everyone for contributing to this great message board. Hopefully I can contribute something myself. I look forward to hashing out the issues with you all.

-- H.E.

YOhio 01-08-2008 06:50 PM

Welcome. Your support for the Yankees will not be well received, but we do have some baseball experts in MPFunk, Il Padrino Ute, and cougjunkie.

Jeff Lebowski 01-08-2008 07:59 PM

Welcome!

MikeWaters 01-08-2008 08:00 PM

Welcome. I am part of the faction that will not be dancing in the streets if you lose your testimony. We are small and outnumbered.

Mormon Red Death 01-08-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 171849)
Welcome. Your support for the Yankees will not be well received, but we do have some baseball experts in MPFunk, Il Padrino Ute, and cougjunkie.

Just because MP Funk read "Moneyball" does not mean he is an expert

smokymountainrain 01-08-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homo Erectus (Post 171834)
Absolutely refreshed by the candor and maturity here at CG, particularly with respect to religious and political issues, as I find myself currently trying to re-define my own evolving political and religious positions.

Maturity at CG?

Where can one find this "CG" of which you speak?

creekster 01-08-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homo Erectus (Post 171834)
Well, since I'm starting at ground zero and there is a page set aside for introductions, allow me a few seconds to introduce myself to the old guard here.

I'm a financial consultant currently living in Sandy, Ut. Three kids. Cheered for the Cougs, Jazz, Yanks, and Cowboys since reaching the age of accountability. Am often completely embarrassed to be lumped in the same group with myopic, short-sighted, sheltered, Coug fans, Jazz fans, and Mormons, despite the fact that I am all three of the above. Used to post occasionally on Cougarboard, until being completely overwhelmed and defeated by the myopia there. Was introduced to CG six months or so back by Scottie, who is a close friend of mine, as is Jim Swarthout. Absolutely refreshed by the candor and maturity here at CG, particularly with respect to religious and political issues, as I find myself currently trying to re-define my own evolving political and religious positions.

I'm looking to this forum for some much-needed enlightenment, but also expecting to call B.S. and bust some heads when necessary. And the cheerleader avatars always keep me coming back, even when the discussion is lame.

Big thanks to everyone for contributing to this great message board. Hopefully I can contribute something myself. I look forward to hashing out the issues with you all.

-- H.E.

Welcome, and that crack about expecting to get needed enlightenment here was pretty funny. That was a joke, right?

Jim Swarthout 01-08-2008 09:38 PM

Welcome H.E. -- I am so much grateful that you have finally seen fit to join CG. Cheerleader avatars are one of the many things that make this place so "charming."

Homo Erectus 01-08-2008 09:56 PM

Cheerleaders and pre-school kids making funny faces. Mmmmm.

il Padrino Ute 01-08-2008 11:27 PM

Maturity is relative. We've had discussions about using public bathrooms and a thread that mixed cartoons and breast implants.

Props for living in my hometown. Despite being poorly planned, it was a great place to grow up. Your kids will thank you.