cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I'm really sad about my Japanese Maple (Old Yeller SPOILER) (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21293)

Levin 07-29-2008 07:16 PM

I'm really sad about my Japanese Maple (Old Yeller SPOILER)

I love Japanese maples (delicate purple leaves; woody plant that's slow growing). I've been doing some yard remodeling; we moved into our house in January, and it's been a long summer project redoing the yard; but I like it. I've been looking at Japanese maples at the nurseries, but they're expensive and I haven't decided where I want to put one.

Well, as I was meandering through our yard, I found one hidden behind some holly bushes and shadowed by a large pine tree. The leaves are green (they need sunlight for the leaves to turn purple). I was so stoked. So this past weekend I carefully transplanted it to a perfect spot.

It's dying.

UteStar 07-29-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 248155)
I love Japanese maples (delicate purple leaves; woody plant that's slow growing). I've been doing some yard remodeling; we moved into our house in January, and it's been a long summer project redoing the yard; but I like it. I've been looking at Japanese maples at the nurseries, but they're expensive and I haven't decided where I want to put one.

Well, as I was meandering through our yard, I found one hidden behind some holly bushes and shadowed by a large pine tree. The leaves are green (they need sunlight for the leaves to turn purple). I was so stoked. So this past weekend I carefully transplanted it to a perfect spot.

It's dying.

That is sad. I have two Japanese Maples in my front yard. Both small, both purple and both healthy. I have shat a tear for you today.

YOhio 07-29-2008 07:25 PM

Buck up. It's a tree.

landpoke 07-29-2008 07:25 PM

At least you got some firewood out of the deal.

Levin 07-29-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 248163)
Buck up. It's a tree.

I hate comments like this.

landpoke 07-29-2008 07:30 PM

SPOILER! FIFTY YEAR OLD MOVIE THAT IS PART OF OUR COMMON CULTURAL HERITAGE AND THAT EVERYONE OVER THE AGE OF FIVE HAS SEEN DISCUSSED BELOW!!!!!

YOhio, the man's got a dying tree on his hands and all you can think to say is "Buck up?"
I imagine you laugh when they have to shoot Ol' Yeller you insensitive prick.

END SPOILER!!!!!

SteelBlue 07-29-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 248163)
Buck up. It's a tree.

I may need a new monitor as it's now covered in Diet Pepsi. Thanks for the laugh.

creekster 07-29-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 248171)
YOhio, the man's got a dying tree on his hands and all you can think to say is "Buck up?" I imagine you laugh when they have to shoot Ol' Yeller you insensitive prick.

What? They shoot ol' Yeller? How can you post this without SPOILER in the title! What a jerk!

landpoke 07-29-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 248177)
What? They shoot ol' Yeller? How can you post this without SPOILER in the title! What a jerk!

Fixed. Sorry.

creekster 07-29-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 248183)
Fixed. Sorry.

Ok, thanks. Just in case, you know.

Btw, the edit makes the title of this thread rather unusual.