cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   What should this site be? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Might I suggest a fitness section? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7835)

RockyBalboa 04-21-2007 04:35 AM

Might I suggest a fitness section?

Fitness and Health section.

Yay? Nay?

BigFatMeanie 04-21-2007 04:38 PM

I vote yea. A lot of times I want to talk about exercising or dieting or other fitness-related stuff and the only place to put it is Cycling. Does cycling need a forum all its own? What if we just renamed the Cycling forum to "Health and Fitness?"

BarbaraGordon 04-21-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 75565)
Does cycling need a forum all its own? What if we just renamed the Cycling forum to "Health and Fitness?"

Poor Creek. First they scale back televised cycling coverage and now this. :)

creekster 04-21-2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 75565)
I vote yea. A lot of times I want to talk about exercising or dieting or other fitness-related stuff and the only place to put it is Cycling. Does cycling need a forum all its own? What if we just renamed the Cycling forum to "Health and Fitness?"

You, sir, are indeed a very, very big fat meanie. Does cycling need a forum all its own? IS the pope a doctrine changing catholic? IS SeattleUte apostate? How can you even think about eliminating the forum for cycling? If MW eliminates the cycling forum, I will suspend payment of my weekly dues to this site, and I suggest that all of you do the same.

If BFM needs to chat about fitness without having to be offended by cycling threads, perhaps you can have your own category, but leave cycling alone. And thanks to Ms. Gordon for recognizing thr pain this suggestion has cuased.

BigFatMeanie 04-22-2007 01:00 AM

You cyclists are just too big for your tight little padded-rear britches. First you act as if you own the road and now you act as if you own the board.

Cyclists are a threat to our way of life! Those who engage in cycling are on the path of sin -why, they can cause our womenfolk to have impure thoughts - what with their tight pants, their skinny bodies, and their large, muscular thighs!

If we don't immediately put an end to this cycling fad then the next thing you know all the cyclists will start forming cycling clubs. And then they'll start having races. They'll wind up tricking people into thinking that cycling is a real sport or something.

Well I, for one, say No Sir! I will not let that insidious and dangerous practice of cycling, known to be damaging to young impressionable minds, known to lead our women folk to have sinful thoughts, known to cause sterility in our virile men - I will not let that evil be legitimized.

BarbaraGordon 04-22-2007 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 75584)
You cyclists are just too big for your tight little padded-rear britches. First you act as if you own the road and now you act as if you own the board.

Cyclists are a threat to our way of life! Those who engage in cycling are on the path of sin -why, they can cause our womenfolk to have impure thoughts - what with their tight pants, their skinny bodies, and their large, muscular thighs!

If we don't immediately put an end to this cycling fad then the next thing you know all the cyclists will start forming cycling clubs. And then they'll start having races. They'll wind up tricking people into thinking that cycling is a real sport or something.

Well I, for one, say No Sir! I will not let that insidious and dangerous practice of cycling, known to be damaging to young impressionable minds, known to lead our women folk to have sinful thoughts, known to cause sterility in our virile men - I will not let that evil be legitimized.

Awesome. Very funny.

Archaea 04-22-2007 01:27 AM

Cycling was one of the original fora. It would be the same as having Adam but no Eve, sex but no orgasm, beauty but no beast. It would be an Alpha but no Omega.

Heven to Betsy, let that not be.

Cycling is heaven set and those who have eyes and see not, let them forever be blind.

creekster 04-22-2007 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 75585)
Awesome. Very funny.

I thought you were my friend. A sooner indeed.

BigFatMeanie 04-22-2007 02:08 AM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...thonfrench.jpg

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

BarbaraGordon 04-22-2007 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 75595)
I thought you were my friend. A sooner indeed.

Just call me Brutus.

Seriously, surely even the cyclists can't deny the humor value in Meanie's composition. funny stuff.