cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A little math (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9681)

Quisqueyano 07-05-2007 06:42 PM

A little math

2 weeks off the bike + lots of burgers and fries + 100 degree heat = absolute disaster. I can't remember when I felt so out of shape on a ride.

Archaea 07-05-2007 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quisqueyano (Post 97871)
2 weeks off the bike + lots of burgers and fries + 100 degree heat = absolute disaster. I can't remember when I felt so out of shape on a ride.

Stay that way so we can catch up with you.

Quisqueyano 07-05-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 97873)
Stay that way so we can catch up with you.

Catch up with me?
After reading about the rides you guys have been doing, and my extended vacation, you guys are way ahead of me. I am REALLY out of shape. Huffing and puffing where I used to easily ascend. My legs gave out first. Then my lungs. I had to stop and rest on a climb. Which I have never done. And after thinking about it for a minute, I gave up and turned around. One ride is not enough to really assess the damage. I will be back at it again tomorrow and the next day. But today was a reality check.
In fact, I am withdrawing my commitment for Ulcer for the time being.
I have 4 weeks to get back what I lost in 2. If I can can regain my old form, then I will ride. But I have a lot of work to do.
To be honest, I would rather not ride than ride and be embarassed.

Archaea 07-05-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quisqueyano (Post 97890)
Catch up with me?
After reading about the rides you guys have been doing, and my extended vacation, you guys are way ahead of me. I am REALLY out of shape. Huffing and puffing where I used to easily ascend. My legs gave out first. Then my lungs. I had to stop and rest on a climb. Which I have never done. And after thinking about it for a minute, I gave up and turned around. One ride is not enough to really assess the damage. I will be back at it again tomorrow and the next day. But today was a reality check.
In fact, I am withdrawing my commitment for Ulcer for the time being.
I have 4 weeks to get back what I lost in 2. If I can can regain my old form, then I will ride. But I have a lot of work to do.
To be honest, I would rather not ride than ride and be embarassed.

you're not backing out. I'll be there no matter how bad my shape is.

MikeWaters 07-05-2007 07:23 PM

Who was it that said a person can lose a lot of fitness in one week?

Oh yeah, that was me.

bluegoose 07-05-2007 07:26 PM

2 weeks back on the bike and he won't know that he missed riding at all. Stroke volume isn't significantly affected by a two week layoff. There are other factors that may be, but SV is the most important imo.

bYuPride 07-05-2007 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quisqueyano (Post 97871)

you'll be back in no time. Don't give up on ULCER.. rembember, I'm riding it too so you you're going to look amazing! :)

Quisqueyano 07-05-2007 07:31 PM

Like i said, one ride is not enough to really guage where I am. I plan on another climb tomorrow and then a 50+ on Saturday. At the end of that ride, I should know where I am.
I just felt like I had no endurance. I rode well til the first really big climb.

bYuPride 07-05-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quisqueyano (Post 97911)
Like i said, one ride is not enough to really guage where I am. I plan on another climb tomorrow and then a 50+ on Saturday. At the end of that ride, I should know where I am.
I just felt like I had no endurance. I rode well til the first really big climb.

storm mountain?

Quisqueyano 07-05-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 97913)
storm mountain?

That's the one.