cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Ceteris Paribus (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18779)

Ceteris Paribus 04-23-2008 09:30 PM

Ceteris Paribus

Client recommended this site as being a cut above standard internet fare. Been visiting since November, thought it a relatively safe sanctuary.

About me: BYU Finance/Econ undergrad; MBA, Emory University. Management consultant at a well known NYC firm. Travel a minimum of 15 days/month (all about the billable hours). Read voraciously; enjoy classic literature and history. Still detoxifying after serving for 63 months as a 1st counselor in a bishopric (released in Nov); a rewarding experience intermixed with great joys and deep sorrows. Came of age during the LaVell era; still admire his leadership skills. Moderate GOP, not dogmatic, resigned to the inevitability of a President Obama administration. Financially conservative, convinced the economy is at a historical tipping point, all the metrics point to very hard times ahead, precious few are prepared. Historians will with absolute truth and certainty point to GWB as America's Nero.

At its best this site provides stimulating fare when rationally discussing current events and religion. Enjoy the witty commentary from many - including '71, AA, Adam, Archaea, CC, DDD, Gnapper, IPU, LPoke, PAC, SeattleUte, Solon and the non A&M OCD version of Waters. Perusing the resident philosophers motivates me to finally learn Greek and read the "real" NT. The ultraconservative wing here serves a useful counterpoint purpose, although they clearly have to be the alter ego caricatures of brilliant satirists.

Glad to be here and look forward to joining the fray (non-billable time).

MikeWaters 04-23-2008 09:34 PM

when it comes to Tamu, I am a prophet. I will not be mocked.

I hope Tech destroys the Aggies. That will be my football highlight for the year.

Btw, I'm glad you are not another lawyer, because we need diversity. If you are a woman, even better.

Mormon Red Death 04-23-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceteris Paribus (Post 212413)
Client recommended this site as being a cut above standard internet fare. Been visiting since November, thought it a relatively safe sanctuary.

About me: BYU Finance/Econ undergrad; MBA, Emory University. Management consultant at a well known NYC firm. Travel a minimum of 15 days/month (all about the billable hours). Read voraciously; enjoy classic literature and history. Still detoxifying after serving for 63 months as a 1st counselor in a bishopric (released in Nov); a rewarding experience intermixed with great joys and deep sorrows. Came of age during the LaVell era; still admire his leadership skills. Moderate GOP, not dogmatic, resigned to the inevitability of a President Obama administration. Financially conservative, convinced the economy is at a historical tipping point, all the metrics point to very hard times ahead, precious few are prepared. Historians will with absolute truth and certainty point to GWB as America's Nero.

At its best this site provides stimulating fare when rationally discussing current events and religion. Enjoy the witty commentary from many - including '71, AA, Adam, Archaea, CC, DDD, Gnapper, IPU, LPoke, PAC, SeattleUte, Solon and the non A&M OCD version of Waters. Perusing the resident philosophers motivates me to finally learn Greek and read the "real" NT. The ultraconservative wing here serves a useful counterpoint purpose, although they clearly have to be the alter ego caricatures of brilliant satirists.

Glad to be here and look forward to joining the fray (non-billable time).

Nothing about Mormon Red Death's avatars? What do I have to do people?? How much more can I give you?

MikeWaters 04-23-2008 09:36 PM

She is too skinny (her face looks gaunt), and she looks like she was given a swirlie in a toilet full of tan spray.

Jeff Lebowski 04-23-2008 09:37 PM

I am hurt that you don't fine me witty, but you left off YOhio and included SU so you must be drunk.

Great to have you in a non-lurking status.

il Padrino Ute 04-23-2008 09:39 PM

I've never been accused of being witty. Thanks for what I consider a compliment.

And welcome to this site.

pelagius 04-23-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

About me: BYU Finance/Econ undergrad; MBA, Emory University. Management consultant at a well known NYC firm.

At its best this site provides stimulating fare when rationally discussing current events and religion. Enjoy the witty commentary from many - including '71, AA, Adam, Archaea, CC, DDD, Gnapper, IPU, LPoke, PAC, SeattleUte, Solon and the non A&M OCD version of Waters.time). Perusing the resident philosophers motivates me to finally learn Greek and read the "real" NT.

I am pretty sure I am the only board member that has presented a paper to the Emory Finance department yet somehow I get no love. Its an outrage (far more than not mentioning Jeff specifically).

Jeff Lebowski 04-23-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Financially conservative, convinced the economy is at a historical tipping point, all the metrics point to very hard times ahead, precious few are prepared.

Would you mind elaborating here? What do you foresee? What kinds of preparations do you recommend?

MikeWaters 04-23-2008 10:12 PM

I've been pounding the drum of economic upheavel for a while, but have only been mocked for it.

I feel like Noah.

il Padrino Ute 04-23-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 212438)
I've been pounding the drum of economic upheavel for a while, but have only been mocked for it.

I feel like Noah.

Noah the prophet or King Noah?

I can ask this because sometimes I fear you.