cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I'm out (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18554)

JohnnyLingo 04-16-2008 01:25 AM

I'm out

It's apparent there are a few posters here that can't keep their contempt for me on the board. They feel the need to stalk me online and find out about my personal life.

That's frightening, to tell you the truth.

And it's obvious this has been going on for a long time. The fact that those who are doing the stalking are unwilling to be open about it indicates some level of malice.

I'm not willing to take the chance, however slight it is, that this will escalate into a dangerous situation for my family.

So you win. I'm leaving the board. Just stop whatever it is you're doing to delve into my personal life.

Thanks.

Indy Coug 04-16-2008 01:33 AM

Man, you can't say stuff like that and not name names....

MikeWaters 04-16-2008 01:47 AM

Lingo writes a sports column, which I did not know of, nor did I find. He's mad because I made some joking references to writing a column, without giving any hints.

This got him spooked. But I don't think he is referring to me, because I don't stalk him. I admit that before I saw the article, I had forgotten what Lingo's name was.

Btw, it wasn't a terrible column. I think he's mad that someone did find the column.

SoonerCoug 04-16-2008 02:42 AM

I found the column, and I thought it was nicely done. Much better than Dick Harmon. I don't see why this puts Lingo's family at risk.

il Padrino Ute 04-16-2008 02:48 AM

Good luck to you, Lingo. I wish you only the best.

Say hi to your dad for me.

RC Vikings 04-16-2008 12:47 PM

That is brave of you to come out to everybody.

BYU71 04-16-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 209328)
It's apparent there are a few posters here that can't keep their contempt for me on the board. They feel the need to stalk me online and find out about my personal life.

And it's obvious this has been going on for a long time. The fact that those who are doing the stalking are unwilling to be open about it indicates some level of malice.

I'm not willing to take the chance, however slight it is, that this will escalate into a dangerous situation for my family.

So you win. I'm leaving the board. Just stop whatever it is you're doing to delve into my personal life.

Thanks.

That is too bad. I for one do not understand why anyone would harass you. I understand why someone might want to kid and make fun of some of the things you say, but delving into your personal life, I don't understand that.

As a matter of fact could you board-mail me the names of those harassing you so I can have my people do some research and see if those people are also digging into my background.

My lawyer and private detective are on retainer and haven't been doing anything lately to earn their money.

cougjunkie 04-16-2008 04:39 PM

mormonmomofnine did not raise a quitter!

UtahDan 04-16-2008 05:21 PM

I love grand exits. Predictions on how long it take him to return? I'm going to go with 42 days.

SoCalCoug 04-16-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 209328)

Thanks.

I think I might drop a tear.