cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other College Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   big east football sucks (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23531)

OrangeUte 10-11-2008 05:00 PM

big east football sucks

while I am first and foremost a ute fan and a mwc fan, I also follow the syacuse orange and the big east.

This is a terrible big east football year - terrible. It isn't just Syracuse that is stinking up the scene, but everyone else.

Terrible, just terrible. ACC isn't much better.

SteelBlue 10-11-2008 06:53 PM

Maybe they should make a relegation system like they have in European soccer leagues. If your conference sucks from top to bottom (we could use the Santos power rankings) it can be relegated to mid-major status and the best mid-major gets to move up to BCS.

Surfah 10-11-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeUte (Post 278175)
while I am first and foremost a ute fan and a mwc fan, I also follow the syacuse orange and the big east.

This is a terrible big east football year - terrible. It isn't just Syracuse that is stinking up the scene, but everyone else.

Terrible, just terrible. ACC isn't much better.

My brother-in-law is a huge 'cuse fan. He played in the Carrier Dome as a youth on some pop warner team in a championship game. He's a bigger basketball fan than football so he hasn't quite jumped off the ledge but he's still bitter about the state of their football program.

BigFatMeanie 10-12-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 278183)
Maybe they should make a relegation system like they have in European soccer leagues. If your conference sucks from top to bottom (we could use the Santos power rankings) it can be relegated to mid-major status and the best mid-major gets to move up to BCS.

They already do this. Except they evaluate which conferences deserve BCS auto-bids every four years. The Big Least still beat out the MWC in the most recent evaluation.

BlueK 10-14-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 278358)
They already do this. Except they evaluate which conferences deserve BCS auto-bids every four years. The Big Least still beat out the MWC in the most recent evaluation.

the Big Least will always win this "evaluation" because it represents a larger population, and therefore, more TV sets.

MikeWaters 10-14-2008 08:56 PM

this is an up year for the MWC. But in general the Big East has been stronger. Problem is tha the MWC has some real bottom feeders.

il Padrino Ute 10-14-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueK (Post 279183)
the Big Least will always win this "evaluation" because it represents a larger population, and therefore, more TV sets.

And this is what the BCS really is all about more than anything else.

Over43 12-05-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 278183)

I have thought about this also. If your conference is a stinker you get moved out as a BCS conference and a more deserving conference would take your place. If it weren't for USC the PAC 10 could almost be in the same boat. As someone who watches a lot of EPL I like the relegation idea very much.

O43