cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   If you were the devil... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29156)

LackingOxygen 07-19-2014 12:04 AM

If you were the devil...

Okay, let's hypothetically think about this for a minute...if you were the devil, what would do to thwart god's plan of happiness? It could be something in the past or it could be something today. What would put the biggest wrench in his plan? I saw a blog post on this years ago and it had interesting results.

SoonerCoug 07-19-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LackingOxygen (Post 318862)
Okay, let's hypothetically think about this for a minute...if you were the devil, what would do to thwart god's plan of happiness? It could be something in the past or it could be something today. What would put the biggest wrench in his plan? I saw a blog post on this years ago and it had interesting results.

I don't know how to respond to this since I don't believe in the devil.

Mindful should be able to answer.

Mindfulcoug 07-19-2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCoug (Post 318863)

That's exactly what I would do. Make smart people say stupid things!

SoonerCoug 07-19-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfulcoug (Post 318864)

Ok mindful. Tell us about the devil.

Mindfulcoug 07-19-2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCoug (Post 318865)
Ok mindful. Tell us about the devil.

What do you want to know?

SoonerCoug 07-19-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfulcoug (Post 318866)
What do you want to know?

What you believe about the devil.

LackingOxygen 07-19-2014 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCoug (Post 318863)

Mindful should be able to answer.

Okay, even if there is no belief in the devil, how would you destroy god's plan if you believed in the devil and the whole lds story? I'll start it by saying If I were the devil, I would convince as many groups of people that God told them they alone are right, they are better than the other groups of people...

byupepsilover 07-19-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfulcoug (Post 318864)

I am not sure that a lack of belief in the devil, results in the plan falling apart. Aren't we suppose to do what is right because we love The Lord, and not because we fear the devil? If this is true, then belief (or lack of it) in the devil should have no bearing in the outcome of the plan...... Not believing in the plan however could be problematic.

SoonerCoug 07-19-2014 12:34 AM

Wow. Just wow.

Talk about a motley crew.

LackingOxygen 07-19-2014 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byupepsilover (Post 318869)
I am not sure that a lack of belief in the devil, results in the plan falling apart. Aren't we suppose to do what is right because we love The Lord, and not because we fear the devil? If this is true, then belief (or lack of it) in the devil should have no bearing in the outcome of the plan...... Not believing in the plan however could be problematic.

I think just doing absolutely nothing will thwart his plan. If he ceases to tempt, drive the children of man away from god and all else he does, then god has to almost be the bad guy since man doesn't learn unless they are tempted and fall. The whole reason Adam and Eve were driven from the garden was because sin was introduced to them and they were able to experience good from bad. It is the human experience.