cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Colts or Bears? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6109)

YOhio 01-22-2007 02:28 AM

Colts or Bears?

Who do you all like?

The Colts should win the game going away, but who knows which Rex Grossman will show up. I'll be happy for either team, I just hope for a good game.

I wonder if the media will pick up on the fact that two African-American coaches are in the Super Bowl. It might get a mention or two(million).

cougjunkie 01-22-2007 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 55139)
Who do you all like?

The Colts should win the game going away, but who knows which Rex Grossman will show up. I'll be happy for either team, I just hope for a good game.

I wonder if the media will pick up on the fact that two African-American coaches are in the Super Bowl. It might get a mention or two(million).

I would much hear the media talk about that, then Katrina, so i am glad these teams are going. Best D vs the Best O

MikeWaters 01-22-2007 02:44 AM

Until 50% of the coaches in the NFL are black, I won't be happy. I mean, the coaching racial breakdown should reflect the players. Unless it is a sport with mostly whites. In that case, it is racism.

Detroitdad 01-22-2007 03:01 AM

Who cares? The NFL has the most boring games of any league. Give me college football any time. Besides I am still sulking over the loss of the Saints and the Chargers. But at least the Patriots lost.

YOhio 01-22-2007 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdad (Post 55144)
Who cares? The NFL has the most boring games of any league. Give me college football any time. Besides I am still sulking over the loss of the Saints and the Chargers. But at least the Patriots lost.

Todays Colts-Pats game was a very exciting game. It certainly wasn't Oklahoma-Boise State exciting, but still very fun to watch.

Detroitdad 01-22-2007 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 55145)
Todays Colts-Pats game was a very exciting game. It certainly wasn't Oklahoma-Boise State exciting, but still very fun to watch.

I had to miss it because I hate both teams.

MikeWaters 01-22-2007 03:28 AM

the NFC is terrible. They are like the Eastern Conference in the NBA.

I hope the Super Bowl is a blowout and bores everyone to death.

RockyBalboa 01-22-2007 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdad (Post 55144)

Yeah the Colts/Pats game was a real snoozer.

il Padrino Ute 01-22-2007 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 55139)
Who do you all like?

Neither. Unless the Broncos are playing, the Super Bowl doesn't interest me at all.

YOhio 01-22-2007 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 55149)
the NFC is terrible. They are like the Eastern Conference in the NBA.

I hope the Super Bowl is a blowout and bores everyone to death.

Eastern conference in the NBA? If memory serves correctly, the Eastern Conferences Miami Heat won the championship last year.

I also seem to recall a similar sentiment about the National League in baseball. That sentiment lasted until the NL's Cardinals won the World Series.

Why do you want it to be boring? That makes no sense to me. Are you hoping for some type of catalyst for a change? As a fan of football, I enjoy the NFL and hope for a great game. It's one of the few nag-free sports watching Sundays I get.