cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other College Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Go Bulldogs!!! (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20448)

bluegoose 06-25-2008 11:52 PM

Go Bulldogs!!!

Great game last night.

I may just have to dig out my old FSU baseball jersey that I haven't worn for several years.

One of the things that I really miss about living in Omaha was Rosenblatt Stadium in June for the CWS. What a great atmosphere for baseball. It would have been a shame if they had actually decided to move the location last year.

SteelBlue 06-25-2008 11:53 PM

Up 2-0 in the 2nd. Maybe they'll pull it off.

SteelBlue 06-26-2008 12:59 AM

Wow, that Detwiler kid has jacked 2 HR's and a double to deep center. He has all 6 RBI's. Fresno leads 6-0. The announcers were saying that Fresno would be the lowest seeded team to ever win a college championship in any sport. Their #4 regional seed is equivalent to a 13-16 seed in the hoops tourney.

CardiacCoug 06-26-2008 01:57 AM

Yep, score one for the non-BCS. (Yea, I know Rice and Cal-State Fullerton have won recently, too.)

I have loved seeing the boys from ASU, UNC and UGA get waxed by a bunch of nobodies.

bluegoose 06-26-2008 01:58 AM

Their pre-tournament RPI was 89, good enough for an NIT invite in college hoops. Pretty impressive run.

SteelBlue 06-26-2008 02:01 AM

Bottom of the 9th and the kid who has pitched lights out all day has to watch the reliever try to finish the job. Two walks in a row and nobody out. With a 6-1 score, Georgia is NOT out of this one yet. Reliever chased as I typed this message.

TripletDaddy 06-26-2008 02:06 AM

It is cool to watch the underdog win.....but the one sound I cannot stand in all of sports.....is "PIIIIIINNNNGGGGGGG" when a baseball bounces off an aluminum bat.

That being said, Go V! Beat UGA!

SteelBlue 06-26-2008 02:16 AM

Nice to see the Bulldogs win. One question comes to mind watching this tournament though: when did black people stop playing baseball?

bluegoose 06-26-2008 03:21 AM

Its a shame that CSUF starting pitcher couldn't at least start the 9th with the chance for the complete game. He was on fire, and this late in the year, who really cares about pitch count?

il Padrino Ute 06-26-2008 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 234869)
Its a shame that CSUF starting pitcher couldn't at least start the 9th with the chance for the complete game. He was on fire, and this late in the year, who really cares about pitch count?

Good point, but I could tell by watching him that he was spent and when a pitcher gets to that point, that's when the other team can jump all over him. From a baseball standpoint, it was the right thing to do.