cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AC/DC Black Ice (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23888)

RockyBalboa 10-22-2008 12:02 AM

AC/DC Black Ice

Bought it yesterday and am really enjoying it.

It really is their best album since Back In Black.

Just good old fashioned Hard Rock.

RC Vikings 10-22-2008 03:21 AM

Hard to believe "Back in Black" was released twenty eight years ago. The first time I heard it I had been home a month and a friend that returned that day had bought it out in the mission field. He played it for us and even threw out some F bombs that night. I just thought to myself it didn't take long for him to adjust to being home.

Venkman 10-23-2008 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 282693)
Bought it yesterday and am really enjoying it.

It really is their best album since Back In Black.

Just good old fashioned Hard Rock.

Good to hear. I really like Rock N Roll Train.

Toe tappin' beats, catchy 3-chord riffs, kick-ass bluesy solos...AC/DC rules.

SteelBlue 10-23-2008 04:14 AM

I plan on checking it out but I have to say that I usually get bored with an AC/DC song about halfway through. They all sound the same to me. Speaking of good old fashioned rock and roll, I just read that Guns 'n Roses will finally release Chinese Democracy next month.

Levin 10-23-2008 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 283212)
I plan on checking it out but I have to say that I usually get bored with an AC/DC song about halfway through. They all sound the same to me. Speaking of good old fashioned rock and roll, I just read that Guns 'n Roses will finally release Chinese Democracy next month.

I listened to Chinese Democracy the single --- seems overproduced (umm, maybe that's b/c it's been in production for 13 years). Axl's baby whine isn't what it used to be either.

I remember on my mission, in a beautiful central European country, standing on an old town square in the cold drizzle and singing "November Rain" with my companion. Talk about spiritual . . . .

Venkman 10-23-2008 04:25 AM

Quote:

Someone once asked Angus Young "haven't you guys just basically released the same album ten times?" His reply: "no it's been twelve times".

I've heard parts of Chinese Democracy. It blows. It's not GNR without Izzy and Slash.

TripletDaddy 10-23-2008 04:40 AM

Quote:

The single was released today, fyi.

The disc drops next month via Best Buy.

Venkman 10-23-2008 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 283229)
The single was released today, fyi.

The disc drops next month via Best Buy.

Here's the song. Worth the 16 year wait? I made it halfway through. I'll have to give it another listen sometime, maybe it'll grow on me.

TripletDaddy 10-23-2008 04:55 AM

that is allegedly the album cover.

I agree, not a good song. Then again, I am not a huge G&R fan, although I met some of them before they broke big. they were buying drumsticks at the Guitar Center on Sunset Blvd. Slash was wearing his top hat. I thought, "nice top hat, idiot." 7 months later, I see the video for Welcome to the Jungle.

I wound up seeing them live when they opened for The Cult on the Electric tour.

they were pretty good live, actually.

Venkman 10-23-2008 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 283244)
that is allegedly the album cover.

I agree, not a good song. Then again, I am not a huge G&R fan, although I met some of them before they broke big. they were buying drumsticks at the Guitar Center on Sunset Blvd. Slash was wearing his top hat. I thought, "nice top hat, idiot." 7 months later, I see the video for Welcome to the Jungle.

I wound up seeing them live when they opened for The Cult on the Electric tour.

they were pretty good live, actually.

Wow, so the top hat wasn't just some gimmick, he was a for real top hat guy.

Speaking of The Cult, they put on a good show. I saw them at the Warfield in SF in 2001. I bet the Electric tour was pretty cool, love that album.