cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Anyone want to see SoCalCoug in a rock band? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10035)

SoCalCoug 07-16-2007 09:41 PM

Anyone want to see SoCalCoug in a rock band?

My brother has formed a band with a friend of his from school. They've been working for about a year on some songs, and Haini Wolfgramm (one of the Jets) has been helping them out in trying to get a CD out. In order to get signed with a record label, they need to do some live shows (so the label can see how they perform).

So, my brother managed to get a show set up at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood on August 18.

He needed a drummer, so I (believe it or not) found a drummer for him via Cougarboard (a CB poster had a really good drummer in his ward - funny thing is, he lives about 10 minutes away from me).

They then decided that for the show, they wanted to add a rhythm guitar for some depth. Since I play a little (trust me - very little), my brother asked me to play along with them. He promises my parts are going to be very simple. :)

So if anyone is going to be in the L.A. area August 18 and would like to see us play in Hollywood, let me know - we have tickets available for $8 each.

SeattleUte 07-16-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalCoug (Post 102127)
My brother has formed a band with a friend of his from school. They've been working for about a year on some songs, and Haini Wolfgramm (one of the Jets) has been helping them out in trying to get a CD out. In order to get signed with a record label, they need to do some live shows (so the label can see how they perform).

So, my brother managed to get a show set up at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood on August 18.

He needed a drummer, so I (believe it or not) found a drummer for him via Cougarboard (a CB poster had a really good drummer in his ward - funny thing is, he lives about 10 minutes away from me).

They then decided that for the show, they wanted to add a rhythm guitar for some depth. Since I play a little (trust me - very little), my brother asked me to play along with them. He promises my parts are going to be very simple. :)

So if anyone is going to be in the L.A. area August 18 and would like to see us play in Hollywood, let me know - we have tickets available for $8 each.

Becoming a rock star doesn't take much talent. Maybe you'll become a star.

SoCalCoug 07-16-2007 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 102188)

That's what I'm counting on.

My wife asked what I was going to wear. I told her I'd probably just wear jeans with a Polo shirt, like I usually do. Maybe I'll get wild and wear one with stripes.

Surfah 07-16-2007 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalCoug (Post 102191)
That's what I'm counting on.

My wife asked what I was going to wear. I told her I'd probably just wear jeans with a Polo shirt, like I usually do. Maybe I'll get wild and wear one with stripes.

You should wear chaps. Just chaps.

SoCalCoug 07-16-2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 102194)
You should wear chaps. Just chaps.

The club's in Hollywood, not West Hollywood.

Mr. Incredible 07-19-2007 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 102188)

Get your money for nothing and your chicks for free

MikeWaters 07-19-2007 03:48 AM

There was a wolfgramm chick on my mission. don't remember if her first name was haini or what. I think she was only a cousin.