cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I've been unfaithful (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11208)

marsupial 08-25-2007 04:23 AM

I've been unfaithful

Danimal and I have been reading the last Harry Potter out loud to each other like we did with previous 6 books in the series. We were nearing the end tonight--had maybe 80 pages left--when he fell asleep. Well, do you really think I was going to just stop reading right then and there?

So I finished the book and he is still asleep. Do I tell him I cheated and pretend like nothing happened or do I fess up? Or do I wake him up and gloat that I know the ending and he still has 80 pages left to read?

DirtyHippieUTE 08-25-2007 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 116942)
Danimal and I have been reading the last Harry Potter out loud to each other like we did with previous 6 books in the series. We were nearing the end tonight--had maybe 80 pages left--when he fell asleep. Well, do you really think I was going to just stop reading right then and there?

So I finished the book and he is still asleep. Do I tell him I cheated and pretend like nothing happened or do I fess up? Or do I wake him up and gloat that I know the ending and he still has 80 pages left to read?

Awesome... Some laughing out loud, almost peed a little... Hilarious...

Archaea 08-25-2007 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 116942)

Gloat while you have the chance, or secretly smile letting not quite in on the subject.

FarrahWaters 08-25-2007 04:40 AM

So, you have managed to control your urge to read ahead for about 3500 pages (I don't know, I just estimated about 500 pages per book), and when you're in the home stretch, just when the stakes are the highest... you give into temptation. I am so disappointed in you.

Mike and I could never read the series aloud to each other. It would probably lead to a divorce.

danimal 08-25-2007 04:59 PM

While I lay sleeping from a hard week's work, Marsupial lies in bed, having her way with Harry Potter. Right under my nose. In my own house. In my own bed.

I have since finished on my own. It would have been better together.