cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Would you rather go to General Conference or the Cannes Film Festival? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11729)

SeattleUte 09-12-2007 06:32 AM

Would you rather go to General Conference or the Cannes Film Festival?

Please vote

Solon 09-12-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 122678)
Please vote

La mer . . . . . qu'on voit danser le long des golfes clairs . . . .

This poll is like choosing between spending the night with a beautiful woman at the Ritz Carlton, and spending the night with Nacho Libre in the back of a pickup truck in Tijuana.

I saw Michael Jackson through a hotel window at the Cannes Film Festival in 1997 (he was in his hotel, waving to the crowd).

Indy Coug 09-12-2007 12:47 PM

Can someone explain to me what the allure of the Cannes Film Festival is? If I'm going to go to the trouble of going to Europe, I'd do something more useful than watching movies with a bunch of underarm pit hair women.

il Padrino Ute 09-12-2007 03:24 PM

I'd rather be in the same room with a prophet of God than in the same room with a bunch of celebrities I don't care about.

Solon 09-12-2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 122782)
I'd rather be in the same room with a prophet of God than in the same room with a bunch of celebrities I don't care about.

For me, it's not the celebrities, it's the beach and the sun. I'd spend the day in the sand, maybe pop up to Grasse to beat the heat, and probably stay in Antibes to avoid the crowds. Of course, I'd try to catch a film or two.

Beats the hell out of wearing a tie and listening to church talk.

Tex 09-12-2007 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon (Post 122684)
La mer . . . . . qu'on voit danser le long des golfes clairs . . . .

This poll is like choosing between spending the night with a beautiful woman at the Ritz Carlton, and spending the night with Nacho Libre in the back of a pickup truck in Tijuana.

I saw Michael Jackson through a hotel window at the Cannes Film Festival in 1997 (he was in his hotel, waving to the crowd).

LOL. I'm trying to figure out if Gordon Hinckley qualifies as the beautiful woman or Nacho Libre. Either way, it's not good. :)

il Padrino Ute 09-12-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon (Post 122800)
For me, it's not the celebrities, it's the beach and the sun. I'd spend the day in the sand, maybe pop up to Grasse to beat the heat, and probably stay in Antibes to avoid the crowds. Of course, I'd try to catch a film or two.

If you want the beach, the north shore of Sicily, just outside the small pituresque town of Cefalù makes the south of France look like a landfill.

Besides, the seats in the conference center are very comfortable and you can sleep like a baby there.

YOhio 09-12-2007 05:50 PM

General Conference. This question is so easy it's not even funny!!!!

myboynoah 09-12-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon (Post 122800)

Been there, done that.

There are much better beaches that are a lot less crowded and not in France.

IPU makes a good suggestion. I can think of a lot more.

Solon 09-12-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 122892)
Been there, done that.

There are much better beaches that are a lot less crowded and not in France.

IPU makes a good suggestion. I can think of a lot more.

Hey, I'm not saying France beaches are my favorite. I am saying that it beats sitting in church.

Seriously, I'd rather go to the dentist than go to General Conference.