cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   A Kobe Bryant trade imminent? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13360)

TheSizzle36 10-30-2007 12:50 PM

A Kobe Bryant trade imminent?

Opening day rosters for the NBA, and look who is on the inactive list for the Lakers... none other than one Kobe Bryant...

http://www.nba.com/news/rosters_set_071029.html

DrumNFeather 10-30-2007 12:58 PM

I suspect it'll be Chicago, but the "experts" on the radio seem to think that Washington would be a dark horse candidate to land Bryant.

A trade would obviously include Arenas who is a free agent at season's end...and maybe Caron Butler. It'd be interesting to see what would happen. Arenas has built up quite a fan base here in D.C. Then again, Kobe Bryant doesn't come along very often.

MikeWaters 10-30-2007 02:32 PM

There's been some noise from the Dallas media about how Cuban should try to get Kobe.

But it seems that is not in the cards. I keep hoping he will go to Utah, just to see so many Jazz fans heads explode.

JohnnyLingo 10-30-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 143445)
There's been some noise from the Dallas media about how Cuban should try to get Kobe.

But it seems that is not in the cards. I keep hoping he will go to Utah, just to see so many Jazz fans heads explode.

Wasting your energy hoping for that.

Among many reasons, the main reason Kobe will never end up in Utah is that he has the ability to veto any trade that he's involved in. And Kobe would rather be boiled in oil than play in Utah.

Archaea 10-30-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 143447)
And Kobe would rather be boiled in oil than play in Utah.

If that is his preference, there are people happy to oblige him.

cougjunkie 10-30-2007 03:26 PM

Kobe is going to end up in Chicago or Boston.

Chicago will send a package of Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Joakim noah and some picks.

or

Boston will send Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and some picks.

The question is if Boston is better with KG and Kobe or with KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen?

Chicago on the other hand has all the young players to land Kobe.

venomous viper 10-30-2007 04:04 PM

I think boston is VERY happy with what

they have. You would need THREE basketballs if Kobe went there. Chicago is where hes' going, period.

TripletDaddy 10-30-2007 04:44 PM

three....one for each ring on his fingers.

Team oriented guys like allen, garnett, and pierce...zero titles.

I think Kobe is an idiot, too, but this selfish talk is overblown. You dont go to the Finals 4 times in 5 years, winning three times, if you are a team killer.

I agree that the Celts should stand pat, though...simply because they have a killer team already with 3 scoring options. Why whittle it down to 2 scoring options? Kobe plays better D than Allen and Pierce, but not enough to merit that trade.

JohnnyLingo 10-30-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 143540)
three....one for each ring on his fingers.

Team oriented guys like allen, garnett, and pierce...zero titles.

I think Kobe is an idiot, too, but this selfish talk is overblown. You dont go to the Finals 4 times in 5 years, winning three times, if you are a team killer.

I agree that the Celts should stand pat, though...simply because they have a killer team already with 3 scoring options. Why whittle it down to 2 scoring options? Kobe plays better D than Allen and Pierce, but not enough to merit that trade.

Simplistic.

Allen, Garnett, and Pierce didn't have a Shaq. Kobe's rings are directly attributed to O'Neal.

If Kobe had spent his career in Minnesota with Garnett's supporting cast, he'd have zero rings.

TripletDaddy 10-30-2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 143544)
Simplistic.

Allen, Garnett, and Pierce didn't have a Shaq. Kobe's rings are directly attributed to O'Neal.

If Kobe had spent his career in Minnesota with Garnett's supporting cast, he'd have zero rings.

Luckily he didnt!