cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   This week will require BYU to play inspired (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13541)

Archaea 11-04-2007 09:45 PM

This week will require BYU to play inspired

as TCU is herky jerky as well, but we will not defeat them without playing some of our better ball.

Goatnapper'96 11-05-2007 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 145739)
as TCU is herky jerky as well, but we will not defeat them without playing some of our better ball.

BYU has no chance against TCU. I haven't even seen TCU play, but I figure they will at least try in their game against BYU and I have seen BYU play. The Cougars record is totally deceiving. ;)

This game will come down to Max Hall. If he plays well, BYU will win. If he plays poorly, it will be a toss up. I worry about special teams, but not as much as I do Max Hall.

BlueK 11-05-2007 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 145840)
BYU has no chance against TCU. I haven't even seen TCU play, but I figure they will at least try in their game against BYU and I have seen BYU play. The Cougars record is totally deceiving. ;)

This game will come down to Max Hall. If he plays well, BYU will win. If he plays poorly, it will be a toss up. I worry about special teams, but not as much as I do Max Hall.

I would say our record is deceiving. We had no business losing to Tulsa or UCLA.

Goatnapper'96 11-05-2007 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueK (Post 145841)
I would say our record is deceiving. We had no business losing to Tulsa or UCLA.

How many rushing yards did BYU have against CSU?

Please explain to me how BYU looked like a good team against CSU without mentioning BYU's passing attack, CSU only tried to stop the BYU rushing attack and basically forfeited the game by not defending the pass. So the pass statistics mean absolutely nothing.

Nothing good can be said about the BYU - CSU game. Further name one game where BYU threw for 400 yards and rushed for 200 yards in the same game while holding the opponent to under 200 yards passing and under 100 yards rushing while BYU never turned the ball over once or allowed a sack and always kept the opponent from crossing into BYU's territory and never gave up a 3rd down conversion while BYU never even had to convert on 3rd down and every kickoff was a touchback?

I'll bet you can't produce such a game from BYU this year, therefore they suck. That is all that matters.

cougjunkie 11-05-2007 03:06 AM

I am willing to bet that if we beat TCU, Archaea will say that TCU sucks and is very overrated.

FMCoug 11-05-2007 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 145857)
I am willing to bet that if we beat TCU, Archaea will say that TCU sucks and is very overrated.

Also, TCU is on a short week and has to travel for it.

cougjunkie 11-05-2007 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 145859)
Also, TCU is on a short week and has to travel for it.

Good call, and I am sure they have some injuries and we are essentially coming off of a Bye because CSU sucks. We also had a bye the week before then EWU, then a bye and then UNLV, so we have had 5 weeks to prepare for TCU.

Archaea 11-05-2007 05:01 AM

I predict a BYU win, but I am still worried.