cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Utes looking good early at Cal (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15246)

8ballrollin 12-22-2007 10:44 PM

Utes looking good early at Cal

Up 13 near the end of the first half...

8ballrollin 12-23-2007 12:12 AM

Great road win at Haas Pavilion, no matter the final score.

mpfunk 12-23-2007 12:50 AM

Great win by the Utes. This is the best win by any MWC team so far this year.

cougjunkie 12-25-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 166334)
Great win by the Utes. This is the best win by any MWC team so far this year.

I would argue that Louisville is a bigger win but I maybe a bit of a homer. One thing I am sure we can agree on is that losing to Santa Clara at home by 15 is by far the worst loss in the MWC this year.

mpfunk 12-26-2007 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 166887)
I would argue that Louisville is a bigger win but I maybe a bit of a homer. One thing I am sure we can agree on is that losing to Santa Clara at home by 15 is by far the worst loss in the MWC this year.

I don't know I would say losing to Montana State at home is worse than Santa Clara. Also, losing to Colorado at home is worse than Santa Clara. Colorado is a terrible team.

I think the Cal win is better because it was a road win. I think that even if Louisville is a better team, which I don't necessarily think they are, that a win on the road is a lot more impressive than a neutral site win.

myboynoah 12-26-2007 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 166334)
This is the best win by any MWC team so far this year.

Is this what it's come down to? Oh how the mighty have fallen.

K-dog 12-26-2007 03:35 PM

Great win for the U and a great win for the conference. Increasingly, it seems the conference will be good this year in hoops, just like in football. I wonder if the fans of MWC schools will ever believe in their conference being good every year.

SteelBlue 12-26-2007 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 166962)
Great win for the U and a great win for the conference. Increasingly, it seems the conference will be good this year in hoops, just like in football. I wonder if the fans of MWC schools will ever believe in their conference being good every year.

It's tough to say that the MWC was any good in football. It'd be nice to say that because they're 3-0 in bowl games then they must be good but remember the teams played were Navy, Nevada and UCLA.

8ballrollin 12-26-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 166946)
Is this what it's come down to? Oh how the mighty have fallen.

The proof will come on the 31st in Spokane. If they can win there, I think they'll be on really solid footing for conference play.