cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rumor on Cougarboard (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15729)

Goatnapper'96 01-09-2008 03:53 PM

Rumor on Cougarboard

is that Jaimie Hill will get a two year contract and will become BYU's DC.

I thought BYU didn't give assistants 2 year contracts? I thought nobody gave any assistant a two year contract?

I like the idea of having a non-LDS black DC who also coaches the defensive backs at BYU. Of course Gary Patterson and Joe Glenn are still 3X the coach Mendenhall is, he doesn't get it.

I hope the mullahs don't catch on to what he is doing. We need another round of firesides right quick and in a hurry to keep them confused.

K-dog 01-09-2008 03:54 PM

Another rumor is that BYU is in negotiations with Walker (from UCLA) to make him DC and assistant head coach.

MikeWaters 01-09-2008 03:55 PM

I'm glad you have a sense of humor about your man-love for Joe Glenn.

After all, this is just a silly message board, and our opinions count for nothing anyway.

MikeWaters 01-09-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 172456)
Another rumor is that BYU is in negotiations with Walker (from UCLA) to make him DC and assistant head coach.

I call BS on this one.

Archaea 01-09-2008 03:55 PM

Bronco is a moron and can't hold Whit's jock let alone be allowed to sniff Patterson's.

Indy Coug 01-09-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 172454)
is that Jaimie Hill will get a two year contract and will become BYU's DC.

I thought BYU didn't give assistants 2 year contracts? I thought nobody gave any assistant a two year contract?

I like the idea of having a non-LDS black DC who also coaches the defensive backs at BYU. Of course Gary Patterson and Joe Glenn are still 3X the coach Mendenhall is, he doesn't get it.

I hope the mullahs don't catch on to what he is doing. We need another round of firesides right quick and in a hurry to keep them confused.

He got 2 years because he's joining the church in two weeks.

K-dog 01-09-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 172458)
I call BS on this one.

Rumor also has that he won't take the offer because he thinks he is up for a HC job immediately. If he doesn't take a coordinator position at a BCS school, BYU has a shot.

MikeWaters 01-09-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 172463)
Rumor also has that he won't take the offer because he thinks he is up for a HC job immediately. If he doesn't take a coordinator position at a BCS school, BYU has a shot.

You do know that Walker has been accepted the DC job on Neuheisel's staff, right?

Goatnapper'96 01-09-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 172457)
I'm glad you have a sense of humor about your man-love for Joe Glenn.

After all, this is just a silly message board, and our opinions count for nothing anyway.

I like Joe Glenn and the damn shame is I am too computer illiterate to import pictures or we could have really made that thread fun.

Obviously, I was a bit off on my assesment of both Glenn and Sween, but I still really like Joe Glenn. I have a strange situation with WYO, I empathize with their challenges and would like to see the little guy win one on occassion, but their irrational hatred of all things BYU makes it so much fun when BYU just sodomizes them like a Hun Army.

K-dog 01-09-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 172466)
You do know that Walker has been accepted the DC job on Neuheisel's staff, right?

So maybe my rumor was dated.