cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lakers and Suns (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16951)

YOhio 02-20-2008 02:23 PM

Lakers and Suns

That's going to be a fun game to watch. The Suns and Lakers have a fun rivalry going and the new trade will only make it more intense. I'm interested to see how Phoenix plays with Kazaam.

I know the NBA is making a comeback when I DVR a non-Jazz game.

TheSizzle36 02-20-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 186854)
I know the NBA is making a comeback when I DVR a non-Jazz game.

That's how I feel as well. The West is going to be an absolute dogfight with literally 6 teams who have a legit shot to win a title, and 10 teams all vying for the playoffs.

LA, Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas, Utah and Houston all could win the thing. Portland, Denver, Golden State and New Orleans could beat any of those teams in the first round as well. It should be an exciting race to the end of the year.

JohnnyLingo 02-20-2008 03:06 PM

The league is ecstatic.

The Shaq-Kobe feud was losing steam, what with the Heat sucking and the Lakers being just okay.

Now they're playing each other again, and are both on teams that could go far in the playoffs.

I'll be DVR'ing it, too.

RockyBalboa 02-20-2008 03:18 PM

meh....I'll be at the BYU/Utah game tonight instead.

TripletDaddy 02-20-2008 05:46 PM

The Shaq/Kobe thing has been a dead issue here for a bit.

The true fever in LA is the possibility of a Lakers/Celtics finals again. People are getting WAY ahead of themselves, imo.

Tonight's game should be awesome, although not a true matchup since LA doesnt even have Bynum and Ariza.

I expect Shaq to have his way against Pau......but Pau will just pass to the cutter.

My prediction, Shaq finishes with a double double (16 points and 10 rebounds) and the Suns win at home. I hope I am wrong.

UteStar 02-20-2008 08:44 PM

The Lakers team if healthy is very good. But, what happens if Bynum takes longer to recover? What happens if Kobe gets hit on the finger again? The Lakers are a bump away from being an average west conf team. Now, next year, the Lakers look awesome. This year, I would be nervous about the health of the team.

The Suns are in trouble. I have a feeling that a Suns team trying to defend Deron Williams or Chris Paul or Tony Parker on any kind of pick and roll with Shaq may see a new record for a PG on field goals made.

TripletDaddy 02-20-2008 09:45 PM

I am hopeful for the lakers THIS season, but more amped for them next season.

Local word on Loose Cannons is that Ariza is 8 weeks out, so likely wont even play until second round of playoffs, if at all.

Bynum is a bit ahead of schedule. He is actually rehabbing with The Logo. They hope to get Bynum some PT during one of the final few regular season games.

Even if we get both back, i am not sure they will be back in game shape in time. Every round of the WC playoffs is going to be brutal this year.

Surfah 02-21-2008 01:24 AM

I think the Lakers can do it this year, but you're right DDD, next year is our year. This is a good team and they're fun to watch. Should be a good game tonight. So far it's not disappointing.

Surfah 02-21-2008 01:41 AM

How do you allow Kobe to dribble right down the center of the lane and dunk with 4 seconds left? That dunk was nasty.

il Padrino Ute 02-21-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 187210)
How do you allow Kobe to dribble right down the center of the lane and dunk with 4 seconds left? That dunk was nasty.

It's the NBA.

NBA = no defense