cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Predictions on the starting Defense this coming year? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17324)

CJF 03-03-2008 08:21 PM

Predictions on the starting Defense this coming year?

I have no idea who is going to start on the back seven at all. Nixon obviously and probably Doman. Bauman and Nelson as the other two LB'ers with Hooks in there somewhere. I would guess Pittman and Howard get the nod at CB. Bradley and Tufuna at safety.

Any predictions?

Indy Coug 03-03-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJF (Post 192709)
I have no idea who is going to start on the back seven at all. Nixon obviously and probably Doman. Bauman and Nelson as the other two LB'ers with Hooks in there somewhere. I would guess Pittman and Howard get the nod at CB. Bradley and Tufuna at safety.

Any predictions?

I'd be shocked if Tafuna was one of them.

BYU71 03-03-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 192721)
I'd be shocked if Tafuna was one of them.

I agree with Indy on something.

Indy Coug 03-03-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 192728)
I agree with Indy on something.

Damn.

Goatnapper'96 03-03-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJF (Post 192709)

Any predictions?

I think Fowler and Tafuna will start at safety. Rich and Nagy will get playing time. I think Bradley will stay at CB.

BYU71 03-03-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 192761)
I think Fowler and Tafuna will start at safety. Rich and Nagy will get playing time. I think Bradley will stay at CB.

I don't dish out to many "guarantees", but Tafuna not starting is a dang near guarantee.

Goatnapper'96 03-03-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 192762)
I don't dish out to many "guarantees", but Tafuna not starting is a dang near guarantee.

How do you figure? I don't recall him being that bad and he and Fowler are the only ones with any game experience at all.

Who will start ahead of him and why?

RockyBalboa 03-03-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 192763)
How do you figure? I don't recall him being that bad and he and Fowler are the only ones with any game experience at all.

Who will start ahead of him and why?

Tafuna stunk in coverage. Flat out stunk. He's a guy that could bring the wood though. Mark me in the camp that will be completely shocked if Tafuna is starting, much less on the 2 deep.

If I had to guess right now on the starting secondary it would go like this:

Corners: Pittman and Howard 2nd String: Bradley and Brooks or Johnson
Safeties: Fowler and Rich 2nd String: Pendleton and Nagy

A-Train 03-03-2008 11:44 PM

I haven't seen any practices but I am surprised that Pendleton doesn't get as much love as I would think. The dude is a physical freak and was Mr. Football for Utah, (which isn't saying much) but still tells me he can play the game. My starters for the Defense:

Denny
RT
Jorgenson

Nelson
Bauman/Hooks
Doman
Nixon

Howard
Pittman
Rich
Fowler

cougjunkie 03-04-2008 02:52 PM

My two deep (* denotes a starter)

D-end- Jorgensen*, Denney* Dulan (trust me I dont think he goes on a mission,) Putnam

D-tackle- Tialavea*, Afutiti (could also play some end), Wolfley

OLB- Nixon*, Nelson*( I love this kid I think he is going to be a stud), So'oto, Clawson, Bills

MLB- Doman*, Hooks* Bauman (he will play a lot, but I think Hooks explodes this year) Tuitama

CB- Howard*, Pittman*, Brooks, Nagy, Johnson

Safety- Rich*, Bradley* (I think he is moved this spring) Fowler, Tafuna.