cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   quick name drop and request (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17398)

8ballrollin 03-05-2008 06:41 PM

quick name drop and request

I'm going to be in a meeting today with Greg Lemond. Give me an example of an only-a-cyclist-nerd-would-know question I can ask him. Thanks.

creekster 03-05-2008 06:46 PM

Ask him if the report that he and his mechanic used a tin snip and a coke can to create shims for his aero bars before he rode the time trial in the most exciting finsih of a bike race ever, the final stage of the 1989 TdF, is really true. Seriously, i have alwayw wanted to know if it is true. I have read it, but always wondered. The finsih to the 1989 TdF is perhaps the most exciting sport event finish I have ever seen (on TV, sadly).

Also, ask him if Laurent Fignon was as arrogant in person as he seemed in press coverage.

I would avoid quesitons about his uncle.

il Padrino Ute 03-05-2008 06:54 PM

Ask him if he knowing that Lance Armstrong is better than he is keeps him up at night.

TripletDaddy 03-05-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 194026)
Ask him if the report that he and his mechanic used a tin snip and a coke can to create shims for his aero bars before he rode the time trial in the most exciting finsih of a bike race ever, the final stage of the 1989 TdF, is really true. Seriously, i have alwayw wanted to know if it is true. I have read it, but always wondered. The finsih to the 1989 TdF is perhaps the most exciting sport event finish I have ever seen (on TV, sadly).

Also, ask him if Laurent Fignon was as arrogant in person as he seemed in press coverage.

I would avoid quesitons about his uncle.

What about my question as to why cyclists own so many bikes? I thought that was a good question.

RC Vikings 03-05-2008 07:14 PM

Ask him if he feels better now about chasing down teammate Jock Boyer in the 1982 Worlds because of Boyer's 2002 child molestation charge.

creekster 03-05-2008 07:15 PM

RC, at least you could be serious? Although that is pretty funny.

hyrum 03-05-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8ballrollin (Post 194021)
I'm going to be in a meeting today with Greg Lemond. Give me an example of an only-a-cyclist-nerd-would-know question I can ask him. Thanks.

Ask him why recumbents are not allowed in the Tour de France.
You might want to grow a beard before asking him that ;)

creekster 03-05-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrum (Post 194063)
Ask him why recumbents are not allowed in the Tour de France.

He wanted questions that serious cyclists might ask, not ones that granola-tic fringe dwellers would ask.

Btw, there's a crumb in your beard.

RC Vikings 03-05-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 194056)
RC, at least you could be serious? Although that is pretty funny.

How about asking how he felt when Ronan Pensec got 10 minutes on him during the 90 tour, could he have ridden away from Hinault on Alp D'huez during the 86 tour, what magic happened between the 89 Giro and Tour to make such a big improvement and finally does he think he married to soon and he could have done better then Kathy.

creekster 03-05-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 194087)
could he have ridden away from Hinault on Alp D'huez during the 86 tour,

Great question. Also, ask him if he think Cyril Guimard is the biggest pompous windbag since Charles DeGaulle.

I knew you'd come up with some good ones.