cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Favorite "Best Picture" from 1988-1997? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20276)

ute4ever 06-17-2008 07:53 PM

Favorite "Best Picture" from 1988-1997?

IMO this is a much better list than the 1998-2007 crowd.

UtahDan 06-17-2008 08:15 PM

I gave Braveheart a slight edge over Schindler's list. I am struck by what an infinitely superior group of films this is compared to 1998-2008. I own almost all of those. Very few on the other list.

il Padrino Ute 06-17-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 232640)
I gave Braveheart a slight edge over Schindler's list. I am struck by what an infinitely superior group of films this is compared to 1998-2008. I own almost all of those. Very few on the other list.

Titanic and The English Patient drag this list toward the bottom of any "Best of" list.

Those movies sucked beyond belief.

Mormon Red Death 06-17-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 232629)
IMO this is a much better list than the 1998-2007 crowd.

the problem is that the best film during that time period was cheated out of its best picture...

Pulp Fiction...

Jeff Lebowski 06-17-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 232640)
I am struck by what an infinitely superior group of films this is compared to 1998-2008. I own almost all of those. Very few on the other list.

Interesting. I think I like the other list better.

ute4ever 06-17-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 232692)
the problem is that the best film during that time period was cheated out of its best picture...

Pulp Fiction...

I was in Amsterdam last summer, and can vouch for Quentin Tarentino that the fries at McDonalds do indeed come with mayonnaise. However, the Royale with Cheese has finally become the Quarter Pounder with Cheese, even though the Dutch are still using the metric system.

mpfunk 06-17-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 232692)

Pulp Fiction...

Don't you mean Fargo was cheated out of its best picture.

There are some movies on this last that are absolutely awful. Titanic, Dances with Wolves, and Forest Gump all suck. Forest Gump is just a terrible movie in every way. Watching that movie was just infuriating.

Plus Goodfellas got screwed out of its best picture by that piece of crap Dances with Wolves.

Mormon Red Death 06-17-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 232702)
Don't you mean Fargo was cheated out of its best picture.

There are some movies on this last that are absolutely awful. Titanic, Dances with Wolves, and Forest Gump all suck. Forest Gump is just a terrible movie in every way. Watching that movie was just infuriating.

Plus Goodfellas got screwed out of its best picture by that piece of crap Dances with Wolves.

Are you trying to tell me that fargo was a better picture than Pulp Fiction?

mpfunk 06-17-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 232706)
Are you trying to tell me that fargo was a better picture than Pulp Fiction?

Yes it was better than Pulp Fiction and so was Goodfellas. Pulp Fiction would only rank third on the list of movies screwed during this time period.

Mormon Red Death 06-17-2008 10:40 PM

I always thought the Mpfunk is "loony and crazy" posts on utefans were incorrect but with the whole "KW is going to be fired and he isn't a good coach posts" (see mars posts above) and your inexplicable love of jazz coupled with this offense... Well I am starting to agree ;)