cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Weekend Ride Reports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21054)

Coach McGuirk 07-19-2008 10:07 PM

Weekend Ride Reports

Here is mine, we had planned on doing some flats but threw in traverse mountain to get a little climbing in, thinking it was small. Well that thing kicked my ass. It was all worth it when we hit the decent. Man that was awesome. I hit 56.3 on the decent and the curves are just wonderful. Really gets your blood pumping. We finally got the flats in but we were pretty spent from uphill so our average was not the sweetest. still I would do that ride again in a heartbeat. ended up going just shy of 60 miles.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6293286

anyone else get out this morning?

creekster 07-19-2008 10:11 PM

We did about 30 on the triple. Very flat ride. We are trying to get my 10 year old ready for a metric century in a couple of months so easy does it. Beautiful day and beautfiul ride.

Archaea 07-19-2008 10:19 PM

116 miles in 106 degree heat. First half fast and furious but I found out that cycling for six hours without breakfast or anything other than shotblocks. It doesn't work.

MikeWaters 07-19-2008 10:39 PM

120 miles during the season so far. 87 today.

Too tired to describe.

Archaea 07-19-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 244537)
120 miles during the season so far. 87 today.

Too tired to describe.

Describe the ride for us.

MikeWaters 07-20-2008 12:36 AM

17 miles to the bike store.

then 36 mile group ride. I rode with the group I can hang with when I have form. Right now I have no form. I hung for 30 miles through flats and rollers, then I cracked. Rode with a nice lady for the last six miles, with no fluids. Riding 15mph at 170bpm. Then I rode to my friends' home, took a quick dip in the pool, fueled up (and hung out for a bit) and then rode the 25 miles home. For 87 miles total.

I did have to wait for about 45 min for the group ride at the bike store.

Started the day at 7am, came home at 4pm. The last 25 miles were brutal, extremely hot, against the wind.

I'm pretty happy that I hung with the group for 30 miles. With a little bit of form, I can hang.

RC Vikings 07-21-2008 05:52 AM

We had a family reunion up at Island Park this week end so I rode up Thursday night (66.9) and felt fair. After two days of just sitting around, boating and eating I came down a little different route (76 miles) today and felt terrible the last couple of hours. Their was a little head wind and it was just enough to kick my butt. On the plus side the road from Harriman State Park past Mesa Falls to Ashton is one of the best roads I have ever been on for cycling. It's quiet, smooth and the Tetons are in the background to help you forgot the pain you are going through.

Archaea 07-21-2008 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 244810)
We had a family reunion up at Island Park this week end so I rode up Thursday night (66.9) and felt fair. After two days of just sitting around, boating and eating I came down a little different route (76 miles) today and felt terrible the last couple of hours. Their was a little head wind and it was just enough to kick my butt. On the plus side the road from Harriman State Park past Mesa Falls to Ashton is one of the best roads I have ever been on for cycling. It's quiet, smooth and the Tetons are in the background to help you forgot the pain you are going through.

You're inspiring fear in me, with your abilities.

MikeWaters 07-21-2008 12:36 PM

I ended up with a piece of metal embedded inside my brake pad that scored my rim really nice.

My legs are hurting worse today.

RC Vikings 07-21-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 244813)
You're inspiring fear in me, with your abilities.

You doing 116 miles in the heat in six hours scares me. The more I think about it the more I'm thinkings 206 miles in a day is going to suck.