cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Movie Quotes (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21510)

8ballrollin 08-10-2008 05:36 PM

Movie Quotes

Which movie, excluding Casablanca, has produced the most, or the most used, popular culture quotes?

A few examples from Apocalypse Now, off the top of my head…

"Charley don't surf!", "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning", "The horror...the horror" and "terminate with extreme prejudice".

cougjunkie 08-10-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8ballrollin (Post 251301)
Which movie, excluding Casablanca, has produced the most, or the most used, popular culture quotes?

"Charley don't surf!", "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning", "The horror...the horror" and "terminate with extreme prejudice".

Dumb and Dumber
Friday
Rad

MikeWaters 08-10-2008 05:58 PM

I found out this week that pulp fiction quotes to my in-laws are met with blank stares.

Some people you should never reference a rated r movie around. Ont he other hand The Dark Knight is perfectly kosher despite it deserving an R rating.

ute4ever 08-10-2008 06:03 PM

Monty Python's Holy Grail
The Princess Bride

Old suits like SU who pour a glass on brandy and watch classics like Citizen Kane and A Clockwork Orange don't go around quoting them afterwards. The most quoted films are pop culture.

hyrum 08-10-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8ballrollin (Post 251301)

Caddyshack

Hamlet (not a movie, but oft quoted)

TripletDaddy 08-10-2008 07:27 PM

Without Silence of the Lambs, most people would have never been introduced to fava beans or a nice chianti.........

Mrs. Funk 08-10-2008 08:09 PM

I hate to say it, but "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die" has seeped into everyday conversations.

So I Married an Axe murderer still has somewhat of a cult following. I grew up saying "fru-its of the dev-il" and "Woman... woe-man... whoooa-man."

"Leave the body, take the cannoli" is another classic.

il Padrino Ute 08-10-2008 09:38 PM

"Take off, hoser."

"Hasta la weesta (vista), baby"

TripletDaddy 08-10-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Funk (Post 251309)
I hate to say it, but "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die" has seeped into everyday conversations.

So I Married an Axe murderer still has somewhat of a cult following. I grew up saying "fru-its of the dev-il" and "Woman... woe-man... whoooa-man."

"Leave the body, take the cannoli" is another classic.

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli"

marsupial 08-10-2008 10:24 PM

I just don't find myself quoting movies like I did in high school/college. Then it was So I Married an Axe Murderer, Better Off Dead, Say Anything, Tommyboy and Billy Madison