cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   About the only thing I like about Obama (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22150)

Flystripper 09-04-2008 06:04 PM

About the only thing I like about Obama

He is smart. His bulb burns brighter than McCain's and I am sick of having a dumbass president. When McCain speaks he sounds like a slightly (and I stress slightly) smarter version of Bush. If only making a voting decision were as simple choosing the smartest guy.

Another strike for McCain is that he looks absolutely ancient standing next to Palin. When he came out on stage last night he looked like the freaking Crypt Keeper.

McCain is lucky I want low taxes and that I like short horror vignettes, because that is his best bet on keeping my vote. If he continues to sound a lot like Bush tonight and through November, I might be willing to pay higher taxes to get rid of him despite his history of hosting some quality horror movies on HBO.

landpoke 09-04-2008 07:00 PM

Don't forget he moves around like C3PO. And who doesn't like Star Wars?

I'm voting for McCain to keep Biden out of power. It's been a long time coming, but he's finally going to get a little payback from me.

Flystripper 09-04-2008 07:13 PM

Very true about C3PO and McCain. I can't believe I didn't catch the similarities last night, but now that you mention it I can't get his robotic thumbs up out of my mind.

On a side note C3PO was always good with his foreign policy so maybe McCain will be fine. As you said, who doesn't like Star Wars? However, if we find out Palin is like Princess Leia the social conservative voting base could be seriously alienated. A voting group that doesn't want the gays to marry will flip out when they find out that Palin made out with her brother.

landpoke 09-04-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flystripper (Post 261557)
Very true about C3PO and McCain. I can't believe I didn't catch the similarities last night, but now that you mention it I can't get his robotic thumbs up out of my mind.

On a side note C3PO was always good with his foreign policy so maybe McCain will be fine. As you said, who doesn't like Star Wars? However, if we find out Palin is like Princess Leia the social conservative voting base could be seriously alienated. A voting group that doesn't want the gays to marry will flip out when they find out that Palin made out with her brother.

C3PO is not just GOOD with foreign policy, he's a purpose built protocol droid. He, like McCain, is MADE for foreign policy.

To your other point, all social conservatives secretly want to make out with their opposite sex sibling. So while there will be a lot of lip service about what a black mark this is on the ticket, in the end they'll vote their dirty little secret.

BarbaraGordon 09-04-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flystripper (Post 261511)
When he came out on stage last night he looked like the freaking Crypt Keeper.

Did you see him try to hug her??
Ew ew ew.

Flystrip, if taxation is your major concern you may want to read up. Things are not always as they appear.

Venkman 09-04-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 261590)
Did you see him try to hug her??
Ew ew ew.

Flystrip, if taxation is your major concern you may want to read up. Things are not always as they appear.

I think he looks awkward anytime he attempts a hug. Basically, his arms don't work so good. We have the NVA to thank for that.

BarbaraGordon 09-04-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkman (Post 261604)
I think he looks awkward anytime he attempts a hug. Basically, his arms don't work so good. We have the NVA to thank for that.

no, I don't mean his physical stiffness. It was her - she winced and averted her eyes and turned sideways...like you do for your creepy uncle. It was so funny!

MikeWaters 09-04-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 261616)
no, I don't mean his physical stiffness. It was her - she winced and averted her eyes and turned sideways...like you do for your creepy uncle. It was so funny!

was it an air hug?

exUte 09-05-2008 05:54 AM

Don't confuse Stripper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkman (Post 261604)

with the facts. It's much easier to make fun of someone who has suffered for decades for defending our country. It's the Flystripper's of the world who instead, fled to Canada. Girly men!