cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A non-conference win on the road with a minus-2 (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22220)

scottie 09-06-2008 10:31 PM

A non-conference win on the road with a minus-2

turnover margin, I'll take it. Offense looked amazing.

CardiacCoug 09-06-2008 10:39 PM

Absolutely agree. Washington played as well as they can play. Their offensive line was very stout.

exUte 09-06-2008 10:42 PM

Defensive backfield and the punting

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottie (Post 262361)
turnover margin, I'll take it. Offense looked amazing.

game is horrible. Thank goodness that Locker couldn't hit the long ball. And Santiago is back to 2007 form.

SteelBlue 09-06-2008 10:43 PM

As an aging BYU fan I'd just like to say it was fantastic to see the that ticky tacky call go against the PAC-10 team for once. Viva la magic.

exUte 09-06-2008 10:45 PM

ticky tacky penalty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 262373)
As an aging BYU fan I'd just like to say it was fantastic to see the that ticky tacky call go against the PAC-10 team for once. Viva la magic.

But the rule does say you have to either give it back to the ref or drop it. He chucked it up in the air.

But then again, aren't all rules ticky tacky?

Jeff Lebowski 09-06-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 262373)

No kidding. After all of those heart-breaking road losses to PAC-10 teams, it is nice to come out on the other end for a change. Kind of ironic that the all PAC-10 officiating crew makes the call.

I also thought the announcers went a little overboard in pinning the loss on the refs. We blocked the PAT. They didn't miss left or right, we blocked it. Give the boys some credit.

creekster 09-06-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 262392)
No kidding. After all of those heart-breaking road losses to PAC-10 teams, it is nice to come out on the other end for a change. Kind of ironic that the all PAC-10 officiating crew makes the call.

I also thought the announcers went a little overboard in pinning the loss on the refs. We blocked the PAT. They didn't miss left or right, we blocked it. Give the boys some credit.

Agreed. The way those guys went on about the game being decided by the call annoyed me. It was decided by a blocked kick!

scottie 09-06-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 262395)
The way those guys went on about the game being decided by the call annoyed me.

Plus, the refs got the call right. I don't agree with the rule, but a ref can't selectively throw his flag.

Jeff Lebowski 09-06-2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 262395)
Agreed. The way those guys went on about the game being decided by the call annoyed me. It was decided by a blocked kick!

PAC-10 homers. I am betting Todd Christiansen would have seen it differently.

That kick had no chance.

Flystripper 09-07-2008 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottie (Post 262396)
Plus, the refs got the call right. I don't agree with the rule, but a ref can't selectively throw his flag.

That celebration call will be missed for most of the season. In fact I saw worse celebrations in several games today. The refs will always selectively throw their flag on celebrations. That being said, the refs did not win the game. BYU won the game with a blocked extra point. It was a horrible call though.