cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Speaking as a liberal, I think McCain is a decent man (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22393)

BoylenOver 09-12-2008 08:00 AM

Speaking as a liberal, I think McCain is a decent man

and while I think Obama is the better candidate, and Obama/Biden is the better ticket to improve this country, I think McCain is not only the best Republican out of the nominees they offered up, but would make for a decent President.

And Palin definitely raised her kids right by having them play hockey. None of this sissy soccer or basketball. If she included something about shooting Gary Bettman like a moose and getting the NHL back on ESPN in her platform, I would seriously consider changing my vote.

ChinoCoug 09-12-2008 05:41 PM

agree.

UtahDan 09-12-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoylenOver (Post 264653)
and while I think Obama is the better candidate, and Obama/Biden is the better ticket to improve this country, I think McCain is not only the best Republican out of the nominees they offered up, but would make for a decent President.

And Palin definitely raised her kids right by having them play hockey. None of this sissy soccer or basketball. If she included something about shooting Gary Bettman like a moose and getting the NHL back on ESPN in her platform, I would seriously consider changing my vote.

I probably have to turn in my conservative card for saying so, but I feel this way about Obama. To me, he is the best Democrat nominee in my lifetime. I don't feel the same way about Biden, but I think Obama would be a good president.

YOhio 09-12-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoylenOver (Post 264653)
None of this sissy soccer or basketball.

So did you choose a basketball coach for your moniker?

TripletDaddy 09-12-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 264814)
So did you choose a basketball coach for your moniker?

He meant it to be BoleynOver

http://englishhistory.net/tudor/mona...eynmainjpg.jpg

Tex 09-12-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 264812)
I probably have to turn in my conservative card for saying so, but I feel this way about Obama. To me, he is the best Democrat nominee in my lifetime. I don't feel the same way about Biden, but I think Obama would be a good president.

I will take that card now.

SeattleUte 09-12-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 264812)

I'm reminded that you're the guy who said he'd be pleased to see Obama win just because he's black. Obama may be the scariest presidential candidate in my lifetime. His amoral pacifism and unabashed pandering to left wing special interests--his convention speech a classic example--make me miss Bill.

Ma'ake 09-12-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 264977)
I'm reminded that you're the guy who said he'd be pleased to see Obama win just because he's black. Obama may be the scariest presidential candidate in my lifetime. His amoral pacifism and unabashed pandering to left wing special interests--his convention speech a classic example--make me miss Bill.

I'd like to know who your ideal candidate is.

il Padrino Ute 09-12-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma'ake (Post 264988)

Not sure about SU, but I'll answer.

My ideal candidate already served two terms and died in '04.

SeattleUte 09-13-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma'ake (Post 264988)

This time Rudy or McCain are pretty close given practical constraints.