cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   BYU SOS--1st grader's take (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23042)

jay santos 09-30-2008 02:16 PM

BYU SOS--1st grader's take

My kid's friend likes USC, and my kid is talking to me about how awesome it is BYU is ranked ahead of USC.

"Do we play a strong team that could knock us down?"

"No we play a crappy team."

"So we could up?"

"Yep. Do you wish we'd play a tough team that would be a good game or a crappy team that we'd win easy?"

"A sucky team! Then we could go for FIRST PLACE!!"

Indy Coug and the rest of the pussy schedule group have another in their corner.

Indy Coug 09-30-2008 02:52 PM

You need to decide what is more important to you: an exciting schedule in September, or an exciting January. If you think you can get both rooting for BYU based on the way the system is currently set up, you're smoking something.

Feel free to provide any kind of empirical or anecdotal evidence for BYU to prove otherwise.

jay santos 09-30-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 272168)
You need to decide what is more important to you: an exciting schedule in September, or an exciting January. If you think you can get both rooting for BYU based on the way the system is currently set up, you're smoking something.

Feel free to provide any kind of empirical or anecdotal evidence for BYU to prove otherwise.

I'd rather play sucky teams and GO FOR FIRST PLACE!!!

Indy Coug 09-30-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 272191)
I'd rather play sucky teams and GO FOR FIRST PLACE!!!

So what you're saying is you don't have any empirical or anecdotal evidence?

jay santos 09-30-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 272211)
So what you're saying is you don't have any empirical or anecdotal evidence?

for what again?

Indy Coug 09-30-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 272214)
for what again?

Being able to both play a difficult OOC schedule and be eligible to play in a January bowl game.

jay santos 09-30-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 272222)
Being able to both play a difficult OOC schedule and be eligible to play in a January bowl game.

So what you're saying is that you want BYU to play a creampuff schedule, roll through the season, get overrated in the polls, and if it all works out we'll be rewarded with a BCS game we're overmatched in, with all the nation complaining about how our schedule sucks and we don't belong there. That's your goal?

BigFatMeanie 09-30-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 272168)

Exciting September is more important to me than an exciting January.

TripletDaddy 09-30-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 272225)
So what you're saying is that you want BYU to play a creampuff schedule, roll through the season, get overrated in the polls, and if it all works out we'll be rewarded with a BCS game we're overmatched in, with all the nation complaining about how our schedule sucks and we don't belong there. That's your goal?

I think you are describing the current season.

It isn't our fault that UW and UCLA sucks. But they do.

jay santos 09-30-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 272226)
Exciting September is more important to me than an exciting January.

Why not both?

I really don't get this pussy attitude, let's play a crap schedule, hope we can go undefeated, get giddy about our high ranking, get in the BCS the back door thing.