cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   honest question(s)... not a Seattle Ute Troll (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23312)

Mormon Red Death 10-05-2008 03:52 AM

honest question(s)... not a Seattle Ute Troll

How do you byu fans really feel about your team?

Ucla isnt any good...
Udub is horrendous
wyo, utah st and northern Iowa are wyo, utah st and northern iowa

because our conference sucks you only have two tough games left. Worst case you are 10-2 good chance to be 12-0. Your offense looks like it can score on anyone. Your defense's weakness (dbs) can only be exploited by one team (utah) but your offense matches up real well with them and you can probably just outscore them. Not to mention who knows which brian johnson will show up for that game.

Can your team beat Oklahoma? Texas? boise st?

SeattleUte 10-05-2008 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 274977)
because our conference sucks you only have two tough games left.

How bad does it suck, really? 7-1 vs. Pac 10.

I'm calling it now. CSU upsets BYU.

smokymountainrain 10-05-2008 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 274977)
How do you byu fans really feel about your team?

Ucla isnt any good...
Udub is horrendous
wyo, utah st and northern Iowa are wyo, utah st and northern iowa

because our conference sucks you only have two tough games left. Worst case you are 10-2 good chance to be 12-0. Your offense looks like it can score on anyone. Your defense's weakness (dbs) can only be exploited by one team (utah) but your offense matches up real well with them and you can probably just outscore them. Not to mention who knows which brian johnson will show up for that game.

Can your team beat Oklahoma? Texas? boise st?

Call me crazy, but it might have something to do with the fact that they haven't lost a game. It's a shot in the dark, but I'm sticking with it.

MikeWaters 10-05-2008 04:13 AM

BYU could beat USC. That much is certain.

RockyBalboa 10-05-2008 04:26 AM

I'm just enjoying the ride.

I doubt the state of Utah sees another season like this (both teams being undefeated) for a long time.

Course BYU will be even better next season with their best playmakers on offense and defense (sans David Nixon) returning. In my opinion I think 09' season is when BYU goes to a BCS game, but not this year.

Time will tell.

SeattleUte 10-05-2008 04:26 AM

I know one thing, when Utah and BYU play this year, you can throw all amateur football analyst windbaggery about "matchups" and such out the window. The biggest outcome determinative factors will be intangibles, emotion driven. There might even be a blow out by one team or the other, against all odds and expectations. The greatest game in history might be played, overtimes and all. ANYTHING could happen, as we've seen.

TripletDaddy 10-05-2008 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 274980)
BYU could beat USC. That much is certain.

too obvious

Mormon Red Death 10-05-2008 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 274983)
I know one thing, when Utah and BYU play this year, you can throw all amateur football analyst windbaggery about "matchups" and such out the window. The biggest outcome determinative factors will be intangibles, emotion driven. There might even be a blow out by one team or the other, against all odds and expectations. The greatest game in history might be played, overtimes and all. ANYTHING could happen, as we've seen.

that is the best football post you have ever had

BlueHair 10-05-2008 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 274982)

I doubt the state of Utah sees another season like this (both teams being undefeated) for a long time.

Course BYU will be even better next season with their best playmakers on offense and defense (sans David Nixon) returning. In my opinion I think 09' season is when BYU goes to a BCS game, but not this year.

Time will tell.

What about the O-line?

TripletDaddy 10-05-2008 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 274982)

I think we need to get some cougarguard t-shirts made that say "Enjoy The Ride"