cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Should I say a prayer those those brothers (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23344)

MikeWaters 10-06-2008 03:03 PM

Should I say a prayer those those brothers

that chose not to go to the Priesthood mtg. Saturday night?

Who should I pray for besides cougjunkie, cardiac coug, fmcoug, soonercoug, and tripletdaddy?

Surfah 10-06-2008 03:07 PM

I was there. In a white shirt even.

TripletDaddy 10-06-2008 03:11 PM

Don't cry for me, Argentina.

I don't experience Conference Guilt. Nobody has ever been able to give me a great reason to spend 10 hours watching Conference when I can just read it all in less time. After all, why do they bother printing out the talks in the Ensign?

Truthfully, it is probably best that I did not attend. I would have likely laughed at one point or another. It is also possible that I would have text messaged someone.

creekster 10-06-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 275302)
Don't cry for me, Argentina.

I don't experience Conference Guilt. Nobody has ever been able to give me a great reason to spend 10 hours watching Conference when I can just read it all in less time. After all, why do they bother printing out the talks in the Ensign?

Truthfully, it is probably best that I did not attend. I would have likely laughed at one point or another. It is also possible that I would have text messaged someone.

Why do you go to all those concerts? WHy don't you just buyt he sheet music and read it in the can, when you have the time?

TripletDaddy 10-06-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 275303)
Why do you go to all those concerts? WHy don't you just buyt he sheet music and read it in the can, when you have the time?

I go because I choose to. Optional.

But there is no Concert Guilt for not going to a concert.

In LDS culture, you are being rebellious if you do not watch Conference or go to Priesthood session (assuming you live in an area where it is accessible). Do you deny this?

PS I have already posted that reading in the bathroom is gross. I don't do it. Ever.

YOhio 10-06-2008 03:19 PM

Ha! It took TriptheDad four weeks to find out about the Perpetual Education Fund after it's unveiling. Those of us who heard about the PEF at Priesthood Mtg. had an extra month to bless the lives of others.

Tex 10-06-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 275306)
I go because I choose to. Optional.

But there is no Concert Guilt for not going to a concert.

In LDS culture, you are being rebellious if you do not watch Conference or go to Priesthood session (assuming you live in an area where it is accessible). Do you deny this?

If the only reason you go is out of guilt, than you're right. Creekster is implying there's something more to be gained out of attendance than words on a page.

Mormon Red Death 10-06-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 275292)
that chose not to go to the Priesthood mtg. Saturday night?

Who should I pray for besides cougjunkie, cardiac coug, fmcoug, soonercoug, and tripletdaddy?

I didnt go... I went to the U of Mich game... and didn't get back in time for conference.

jay santos 10-06-2008 03:22 PM

It was a powerful moment when Monson talked about the economic difficulties right now, then got serious, looked in the camera, and said we must not allow our brothers and sisters to go unfed, unclothed, or unsheltered during these times.

MikeWaters 10-06-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 275312)
It was a powerful moment when Monson talked about the economic difficulties right now, then got serious, looked in the camera, and said we must not allow our brothers and sisters to go unfed, unclothed, or unsheltered during these times.

so maybe Mormons will get behind a homeless shelter in Utah County?

I doubt it.