cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bronco's future (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23654)

yankeecoug 10-15-2008 07:05 PM

Bronco's future

If Bronco wins a BCS bowl game who will be the new Cougar coach when Bronco takes a big raise and goes BACK to Oregon State?

MikeWaters 10-15-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeecoug (Post 279620)
If Bronco wins a BCS bowl game who will be the new Cougar coach when Bronco takes a big raise and goes BACK to Oregon State?

Anae.

Next question.

SeattleUte 10-15-2008 07:12 PM

Odds are higher that Bronco will be still at BYU and no longer the demi-god he is now after the bowls season. Don't kill the messenger. I'm just speculating on what's most likely to occur.

yankeecoug 10-15-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 279623)
Anae.

Next question.

Next question:

Would he stay? and Why?

He is a beaver...

If you coached Wyoming State Cowboys had a big year and BYU offered you the job would you not take it?

...especially if you graduated from BYU which I realize most of our fans have never taken a course here...

Maybe Kyle would take the BYU opening...

Then Mac would come back to Utah!

Then John L. would go back to Weber.

Hot Lunch 10-15-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeecoug (Post 279620)

Mike Riley isn't going anywhere.

cougjunkie 10-15-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Lunch (Post 279640)

Riley is a god in Corvallis. The fans love him, the adminstration loves him and he has finished 2nd in the Pac-10, 3 years in a row.

That is good enough for Beaver fans.

MikeWaters 10-15-2008 07:19 PM

At BYU bronco can do it his way. Short practices, nothing on Sunday, firesides. I think it will take a lot of $ to lure Bronco away. Not sure if it is even possible.

yankeecoug 10-15-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 279633)
Odds are higher that Bronco will be still at BYU and no longer the demi-god he is now after the bowls season. Don't kill the messenger. I'm just speculating on what's most likely to occur.

so ur basically saying byu's bowl history will continue unlike last season?

yankeecoug 10-15-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 279644)
At BYU bronco can do it his way. Short practices, nothing on Sunday, firesides. I think it will take a lot of $ to lure Bronco away. Not sure if it is even possible.

How much does he make here? over a mil already?

8ballrollin 10-15-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Lunch (Post 279640)

No kidding. There is probably not a better fit of a coach and school in the Pac-10.