cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Thundersuck (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24544)

YOhio 11-08-2008 02:56 AM

Thundersuck

The Jazz are now, or will soon be, 1-0 all-time against the NBA franchise from Oklahoma. It's also appropriate to note that BYU is 1-0 all-time against the University of Oklahoma Sooners.

BarbaraGordon 11-08-2008 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 292261)
The Jazz are now, or will soon be, 1-0 all-time against the NBA franchise from Oklahoma. It's also appropriate to note that BYU is 1-0 all-time against the University of Oklahoma Sooners.

Surely you wouldn't be trolling for anyone, would you?

I can't wait til OU destroys BYU in the Fiesta Bowl in a couple of months. I think I'll sit amongst the BYU fans and watch the Cougars suffer the slow realization that, wow, we really weren't ready for the big time.

YOhio 11-08-2008 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292263)
I can't wait til OU destroys BYU in the Fiesta Bowl in a couple of months. I think I'll sit amongst the BYU fans and watch the Cougars suffer the slow realization that, wow, we really weren't ready for the big time.

Which is, I'm sure, a familiar feeling.

BarbaraGordon 11-08-2008 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 292266)

Well, you can't win every title game. Though of course I couldn't expect you guys to know that.

YOhio 11-08-2008 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292268)
Well, you can't win every title game. Though of course I couldn't expect you guys to know that.

We've won every one we've been in.

BarbaraGordon 11-08-2008 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 292269)
We've won every one we've been in.

Yes, one being the operative word there.

And do we plan to make appearances more than once every eighty years? At this rate I'm not certain I'll be around to watch the Cougars put their record on the line.

YOhio 11-08-2008 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292272)
And do we plan to make appearances more than once every eighty years?

We. You're coming around Barbara.

BarbaraGordon 11-08-2008 03:19 AM

Incidentally, if you want to inspire much respect for your football program, beginning your team's wikipedia article with the phrase "despite being a mid-major" might not be the way to go.

YOhio 11-08-2008 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292274)
Incidentally, if you want to inspire much respect for your football program, beginning your team's wikipedia article with the phrase "despite being a mid-major" might not be the way to go.

Worst. Smack. Ever.

TripletDaddy 11-08-2008 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 292266)

LOL.

That highlight clip doesn't even begin to capture how awful those Sooner fans felt by mid second quarter.

That one seemingly length of the field pass to Jarrett...we were sitting on that end of the field. When Leinart threw it, two Sooner guys in front of us laughed and said, "what is he doing? that is an easy interception." Jarrett came down with it and ran towards us. I dont think those guys said a single thing the rest of the game.

That year's theme was "Leave No Doubt." Despite that, PC had called off the dogs in the last 6 or 7 minutes of the game. The score could have been even worse.