cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   As requested by Cali, I'll start a new topic to discuss Obama.... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25563)

il Padrino Ute 03-05-2009 07:07 PM

As requested by Cali, I'll start a new topic to discuss Obama....

He and his people need to rethink their vetting process. 4 tax cheats nominated for the cabinet?

Cali Coug 03-05-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 301611)
He and his people need to rethink their vetting process. 4 tax cheats nominated for the cabinet?

Not great vetting by somebody, but some of the tax issues raised were pretty obscure.

il Padrino Ute 03-05-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 301621)
Not great vetting by somebody, but some of the tax issues raised were pretty obscure.

So?

Tax cheats are tax cheats.

Cali Coug 03-05-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 301630)
So?

Tax cheats are tax cheats.

Cheating implies knowledge of the rules and intentional breaking of them. If that happened, they are tax cheats. If it didn't, they still must pay, but I wouldn't label them cheats.

Tex 03-05-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 301633)
Cheating implies knowledge of the rules and intentional breaking of them. If that happened, they are tax cheats. If it didn't, they still must pay, but I wouldn't label them cheats.

What make you believe them? Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Sure, keep on believing they had no intention.

il Padrino Ute 03-05-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 301633)

People who are allegedly this bright didn't know the tax laws?

Cali Coug 03-05-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 301647)
What make you believe them? Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Sure, keep on believing they had no intention.

When did I say I believed one way or the other? I have no idea.

Read. Think. Then type. Step 2 is rarely applied by you.

Cali Coug 03-05-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 301653)
People who are allegedly this bright didn't know the tax laws?

Have you seen the IRC?

il Padrino Ute 03-05-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 301670)
Have you seen the IRC?

Nope. I have no desire to be in the business of politics. Those who choose to do that for a living really ought to be aware of anything that could cause them problems, no?

I was taught by my father to keep all receipts and anything else that is income related. I do this and pay someone to do my taxes. I don't need to read or understand the IRC.

Tex 03-05-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 301677)
Nope. I have no desire to be in the business of politics. Those who choose to do that for a living really ought to be aware of anything that could cause them problems, no?

I was taught by my father to keep all receipts and anything else that is income related. I do this and pay someone to do my taxes. I don't need to read or understand the IRC.

Especially if you're going to be the one running Treasury.