cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I am picking the Heat. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2586)

Cali Coug 06-06-2006 02:33 PM

I am picking the Heat.

I don't know if it is just my intense dislike of the Mavericks or if it is based on solid reasoning, but I like Miami to win it all this year.

fusnik11 06-06-2006 02:59 PM

I hope Miami wins because I think it would be great for the NBA to have Shaq win another championship. It would be great for rivalries, franchises, players and makes next years season instantly more intesnse.

But I love the way Dallas plays, and you have to love their coach, their superstar, and their team. I think it has the ability to be a great series and a great ending to a wonderful playoffs.

DrumNFeather 06-06-2006 03:18 PM

This is a win/win for me. I don't have any ill feelings towards either team so I'll be able to sit back and relax and enjoy either Shaq getting #4, Wade getting number 1 (while Lebron and Carmello sit at home). Or Dirk and Cuban bringing home their first title.

Fish 06-06-2006 11:03 PM

I think Dallas will win 4-1 or 4-2. It won't even be a real contest. PHX/DAL was the final. Miami does not have an answer for Dirk. Haslem or Walker vs. Dirk. No way.

Dallas has two big oafs and 12 fouls to throw at Shaq with Diop and Dampier. That will mitigate Shaq somewhat, especially in the 4th quarter.

Jason Terry will run all over White Chocolate and Payton.

Wade will win the battle over Howard, but he'll see lots of double coverage from Stack, Daniels, and maybe Van Horn since the Miami 3 isn't very strong.

I would actually like to see Miami win, but it'll never happen...

JohnnyLingo 06-06-2006 11:06 PM

It'll never happen?

"Never" is Atlanta winning an NBA title next year.

"Never" is Milt Palacio winning NBA MVP next year.

"Never" is Dirk averaging less than 10 points a game this series.

"Never" is me getting a Christmas card from fusnik this winter.

"Never" is a powerful word. Take care not to misuse it. :)

il Padrino Ute 06-07-2006 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather
This is a win/win for me. I don't have any ill feelings towards either team so I'll be able to sit back and relax and enjoy either Shaq getting #4, Wade getting number 1 (while Lebron and Carmello sit at home). Or Dirk and Cuban bringing home their first title.

Some Ute fan you are. ;)

For me, it's win/win because either Van Horn or Doleac will get a ring. :p

Surfah 06-07-2006 01:23 AM

For me it's lose-lose.

I like Cuban, but I hope to see him spend all of his money in the hopes of a championship and never win one.

I love Shaq, but I don't like the way he left LA (and no Kobe didn't run him out). I don't really want him to win another ring mostly because of his promises to Miami when he was traded. Besides should the Heat win, it will probably have more to do with Wade's contributions than Shaq's which is too bad. If they win, I hope Shaq retires. Because I doubt he'll come back next year in shape or with the same passion for the game. He's going downhill fast.

il Padrino Ute 06-07-2006 01:28 AM

Why is it only Laker fans who say that Kobe didn't run Shaq out of LA? ;)

It would be amusing to see Cuban still not get the title after spending money like he does. It's the same reason why I love to see the Yankees not win in baseball.

Surfah 06-07-2006 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
Why is it only Laker fans who say that Kobe didn't run Shaq out of LA? ;)

Cause it's only Laker fans that care what happens outside of what is reported and discussed by the likes of Tim Legler and Stephen A. Smith.

Speaking of which, is ESPN carrying any of the finals games? They are all on ABC right? I hate that ESPN crew. They are horrible. TNT is where it's at.

Parrot Head 06-07-2006 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33
Cause it's only Laker fans that care what happens outside of what is reported and discussed by the likes of Tim Legler and Stephen A. Smith.

I think you could have left that sentence like this... "Cause it's only Laker fans that care what happens outside of what is reported and discussed."

Everybody knows that's the way it was. Not even Jack Nicholson's black shades could hide him or anyone else in LaLa Land from the truth of that scenario.