cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Zepplin: a group most like (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4561)

Archaea 10-10-2006 04:18 PM

Zepplin: a group most like

Is there anybody who does not appreciate at least one Zepplin song? Other than the Beatles (sp?), is there a group more universally accepted in the US?

il Padrino Ute 10-10-2006 05:58 PM

Zepplin is a great band. Not my favorite, but I do like listening to them. I'd agree that behind the Beatles, they're most accepted here in the US. If you had "They just plain rock" in your poll, I'd pick that one.

jay santos 10-11-2006 02:54 AM

Can't I have more choices?

Zepplin rocks. Love 'em.

But best band ever = U2.

Surfah 10-11-2006 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 40232)
Can't I have more choices?

Zepplin rocks. Love 'em.

But best band ever = U2.

Ugh...

creekster 10-11-2006 04:54 AM

I like Zeppelin a lot. The best band ever, however, was a cover band that also played a few original songs (when not gigging at dances) that played in the south Salt Lake City valley area in the late 70s. They went by various names but none you ever heard of. If the lead singer and keyboardist had not left on missions they might have really made it big. I mean very big. They had POTENTIAL.

The keyboard player, I happen to know, was a particularly nice guy.

Archaea 10-11-2006 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 40244)
I like Zeppelin a lot. The best band ever, however, was a cover band that also played a few original songs (when not gigging at dances) that played in the south Salt Lake City valley area in the late 70s. They went by various names but none you ever heard of. If the lead singer and keyboardist had not left on missions they might have really made it big. I mean very big. They had POTENTIAL.

The keyboard player, I happen to know, was a particularly nice guy.

And did this keyboard player become a great world class cyclist and renown Bay Area attorney?

creekster 10-11-2006 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 40245)
And did this keyboard player become a great world class cyclist and renown Bay Area attorney?

Nope. It was me.

non sequitur 10-11-2006 05:58 AM

The ring tone on my cell phone is Black Dog.

Jeff Lebowski 10-11-2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 40249)
The ring tone on my cell phone is Black Dog.

My old cell phone supported MP3 ring tones. I used Misty Mountain Hop and Rock & Roll, among others. My new phone (Sprint) doesn't support MP3 tones. It doesn't even let me upload midi tones. Argh...

SteelBlue 10-11-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 40246)
Nope. It was me.

Lol. Nice!