cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Congrats on the win (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463)

mpfunk 10-09-2005 03:32 AM

Congrats on the win

Did not see any of the game so I cannot comment on it but I think it is obvious right now that we have some wildly inconsistent teams in this conference. Also that TCU is the best team hands down.

Nobody Special 10-09-2005 04:02 PM

Not so sure that they are the best team in the confrence hands down. They are two plays from being 2-2 in the confrence. Or one lousy defensive stop sometime in the last 1 1/2 quarters of a game.

Did anybody think that Wyoming was for real? TCU's luck has got to run out sometime.

il Padrino Ute 10-09-2005 06:05 PM

Yes, congrats on the win...

I didn't see any of the Y game either, butI read in this morning's paper about it. Perhaps the Cougars are starting to feel a bit more comfortable as a team now.

bluegoose 10-10-2005 03:18 PM

I agree with nobody special. I don't think that TCU is hands down the best team. Could easily have lost to OK, Utah and BYU. Could also have easily beat SMU. They're still on their MWC honeymoon, just as Crowton was his first year.

Everyone eases up on the "new guy" at thursday night church basketball, and everyone eases up the harshness of their posts on CB when they realize that a non-member/cougar parent(eh hem) are on-line. :wink:

I also don't buy into Wyoming. My wife is from the Cowboy state, so I have to tread lightly when they are on and when speaking of the crap brown and puke yellow. They have a decent coach and usually have fairly good position players. Beat a bad Ole Miss team. So what? I predict a BYU win in Laramie.

MikeWaters 10-10-2005 04:36 PM

my puke is usually green, but I suppose it is a silly thing to quibble over. My piss, however, is usually yellow, sometimes clear, and once red.

mpfunk 10-10-2005 05:06 PM

TCU this year reminds me of Utah in 2003. The team is getting all the right bounces and taking advantage of all these bounces. I realize all the games are close but that does not make me think any less of the team right now.

Nobody Special 10-11-2005 01:44 AM

Can't argue with the success that they are having, but I'm not sure that they are that much better than anybody esle in the league.

How many times did the Cowboys and Lobos turn the ball over for them? And I can't remember for sure, but I don't think that they had very far to drive on any of thier scoring drives.

But, hey they are 4-0 and have beaten the teams they have played, but they will lose one here sometime I would suspect.

It just goes to show how mediocre the MWC is this year.