cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I just caught part of one of those Sun. a.m. news shows (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676)

SoCalCoug 11-20-2005 05:27 PM

I just caught part of one of those Sun. a.m. news shows

on CNN - one with Wolf Blitzer. Bob Kerrey was on there, and they were discussing Bush's claims that Congress had access to the same intelligence he did, in criticizing the democrats for complaining about the Iraq war. Kerrey's response was that that claim was completely false, otherwise, how come they had to subpoena the president's intelligence briefings for the 9/11 commission, and at that they still got sanitized ones.

I thought it was interesting. If Kerrey's accurate, then Bush is lying, isn't he?

MikeWaters 11-20-2005 11:47 PM

There's a lot of sping going on....

I have no doubt that the Bush team cherry picked intelligence that supported the position that they believed/wanted.

Reports from German intelligence, that discredit Bush's assertions, came out this week. "we told the Americans not to believe this guy." No American ever interviewed/questioned this key source named "curveball."

I think the more you dig, the more you will find it stinks.

Archaea 11-21-2005 12:30 AM

There's enough there for everybody

but Mike in intelligence, you must pick and choose whom you will believe and whom you won't.

I don't think it stinks, wrong maybe not by design.

My number one question is what would Bush gain by embroiling himself in a war that his father advised against?

Nobody comes up with an adequate answer.

Bush actually believed he did it for the right reason. I think he was wrong, but I don't fault him for the reasons are willing to believe he lied to wage war.

Every advocate shapes evidence to make his case; that's not dishonest. It's not a scholarly exercise.

DirtyHippieUTE 11-21-2005 12:43 AM

Mrs. Hippie and I have gone the rounds on this... She hates Bush.

We've come to believe that Bush didn't doctor Intel. but he may have been eager to believe the stuff that said go.

I think it's dishonest for the Dems to say that they got the wool pulled over their eyes. They were given the same intel and made their own choices.

Everybody was wrong.

Regarding the pull out, I'm still on board with what Powell said, "You break it, you own it."

I think if we pull out now we're oing to reap the whirlwind later.

cougarstolz 12-01-2005 09:20 PM

if we leave now, somebody worse than saddam will fill the power vacuum. what do people expect will happen to iraq if we leave now?

SoCalCoug 12-02-2005 09:04 PM

Quote:

Mrs. Hippie and I have gone the rounds on this... She hates Bush.
uhh . . . on second thought, no comment.